Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki

Fed-Kun's army
Hmmm, maybe its how It's translated or how its only kinda glossed over then thrown at you in a single chapter.. I don't understand the thought/reason behind the other two dukes (mr cat and dragon dude) even after they get confirmation that the previous king they loved and the princess weren't taken over by Souma, but in fact given to him(sounded bad when I said it that way, but you get what I mean).. They still insist on rebelling for "the good of the people" up to the point of when Souma actually talks to them, he has done more for the kingdom and people than the previous king could of ever done with the kingdom in its current state(obviously why he gave his kingdom to Souma).. So is it just because they want to rule? Power? Money? Fame? Like that shit would make since if it was clear, but how it was represented makes no sense.. I mean the dukes aren't stupid. Navy chick is prime example, sent in a spy, found out who he was, found him a reliable person/king, joined Team Souma.. Gahhh!!!! Obviously, its a manga, just thought I'd throw it in the comments with my rambling a see if I can get some feed back on what you think.

Note: IF THIS HAS A LN/WN I HAVEN'T READ IT. xD

Dex-chan lover
I feel like that the majority of people who comments shit don't actually know how to critically appraise manga/books/literature just because it doesn't pander to their taste. Well, shallow will be shallow.

Dex-chan lover
Been a few months since I last saw this. Must have missed the update a month ago.

The plot is actually interesting, especially for this blown up genre, but I could so do without the udder-boobs.
It's just so... gross. Terribly gross. Also, can you imagine the back pains?

Otherwise, it is a bit (a lot) unrealistic ability-wise (nobody is that accomplished with paper work. NOBODY). I like the idea, but unlike with manga where the MC gains amazing magic / martial arts thingy and masters it incredibly fast - paperwork and bureaucracy are things most of us are familiar with, and get defeated by almost daily. They are terrible enemies to fight, and practically impossible to master.

edit: dropped because despite the interesting idea, it's just boring, and I can't keep the element of suspended-disbelief.

@codydub03
Welllll....

I haven't gotten that far in the LN/whatnot-evl myself...buuuut...I have read a synopsis, so I can explain what seems odd about the Rebellion...

Major Spoilers Below, no clicking if you don't want a major plot spoiler!

Basically, there's a very long-running time travel plot going on. It turns out the Queen has a rather powerful bit of magic going on (there's a REASON this kingdom's got a matriarchal line of descent...) in that she apparently time travel magic and can propel a person's consciousness backwards in time. Originally, she used this to navigate a previous succession crisis and take the throne.

She used it in a Bad End Future on the King and herself. In that future, Souma didn't get made king, just the prime minister, and while he did his best, he apparently didn't have quite enough direct power to deal with the corrupt parts of the nobility fast enough, the Corrupt Nobles tried to do some sneaky stuff (which Souma and the parts of the government he was working with didn't realize and went along with in Bad Timeline), outside threats took advantage (the current invasion), etc etc etc and the end result was the Kingdom ended up destroyed.

That's the ACTUAL reason the King was so quick to go 'y'know what? I abdicate. This guy's king now. Also, I engaged him to my daughter!'. He'd already gotten a good grasp of Souma's character in the future, and saw that the relationship with his daughter might have worked, since she fell in love with him in the Bad Future naturally without an engagement, but that got spoiled by the whole 'Things going horribly wrong and everyone died'.

(The fact this gives him an excuse to hang out in his modest home, relax, and be lovey-dovey with his incredibly hot wife is just a bonus, really).

The reason Carmine did his crazy-ass rebellion is that he's STILL ultra-loyal to the King and Kingdom, as well as ultimately Souma. King Albert took him aside and quietly told him what happened in the original time-line, and since Carmine is completely loyal to the King, he 'rebelled'. He's basically purposely acting as a lightning rod for the worst elements of the Kingdom (the corrupt nobles) to seize their assets and the nobles to hand over to Souma. Plus, he's drawing in all the local disreputable mercenary forces available (IE, the guys willing to take the Corrupt Nobles' money and also the ones most likely to turn to banditry or be used by the neighboring hostile kingdom as reinforcements) and setting them up to be butchered. If you notice from the previous chapter, his well-trained, well-armored soldiers were standing back while the nobles' mercenary and personal guard were getting mauled attacking the keep's walls with basically swords and not much else.

Duke Wolter guessed half the plan back in Chapter 11, by the by, so it's not actually that far out of left field. What she misjudged is just how loyal Carmine is to the Kingdom; she just thought he was planning to become the power-behind-the-throne.

Castor, the Air Force Duke, is mostly just backing his best friend Carmine up and hoping like hell he knows what-the-fuck he's doing. Wolter's already decided to openly side with Souma after her grand-daughter Juna gave him a thumbs up, character and competency wise.

And yes. This means that the Man Behind the Man, who's set up the entire current plot, is the goofy, ineffectual seeming King Albert monkey-wrenching the piles of sneaky plots infesting his Kingdom and the neighboring Kingdom's antics via abdicating and putting Souma in charge.

Apparently, after the rebellion and invasion are put down, the fallout is that Carmine is 'executed' (and a Mysteriously Large Lionish Beastman With A Mask becomes head of the Kingdom's special ops) and Castor's daughter Carla is sentenced to slavery in the castle as a maid (which is his punishment for rebelling) and she ends up with direct orders from Souma himself to kill him if he ever slips into becoming a tyrant instead of a just king. Which might actually be a geas or the like, not just orders, so she's basically turned into his Sword of Damocles.

Can someone name all manga on the last page (the LHTranslation drawing)?

I know:
Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekake-chuu (Fox and Skeleton-Warrior)
Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita (Fran + Master (Sword))
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (Shield hero ... duh!)

Show your might. I don't recognize the others.

Volume 3 cover is inspired by a famous painting of Botticelli. The birth of Venus. Considering that Juna is described as a beauty, I'd say the inspiration is more than appropriate. Also volume 1 cover is inspired by the painting Napoleon crossing the Alps and volume 2's cover presumably from (not sure) Liberty leading the people.

Dex-chan lover
Replace Sherlock holmes with realist hero.
ckmHjmT.png

Dropping it now because ive lost too many braincells with the utter stupidity of it all.

Contributor
Satoshi-Sensei is an amazing artist, but his style is a double edge sword. Tho it makes his art beautiful when still but, drawing fight scene makes it look ugly.

Mc too beta , bowing head to people. Typical mc. Mc suddenly become very smart in managing a kingdom without prior experience. Linear storyline. Not enough meme. A know all mc. I prefer a cruel mc controlling the kingdom rather than this boring Messiah mc.
Don't know how this get such a high score.

@boag yo dude, care to explain on why this manga is stupid??
(Dont want to waste time reading it and ending up dropping it.)

Dex-chan lover
@Corntall
Author uses too many hamfisted twists with the MC solving them with common sense and having the rest of the cast say its genious.

Plant food so people dont starve
if you shit on your floor youll get sick
ad naseum

It would be different if the story was played for laughs, but its played like its the smartest thing in the world.

Has anyone heard if this series is going to be released in NA? Currently only available as a light novel in Canada; but is up to something like volume 7.

@Corntall
@boag
The funniest part is when the Forest Elves pledge eternal loyalty to him after he enlightens them with a few words of basic forestry. Apparently cutting down some trees had never dawned on them.

good to see I'm not the only one who is puzzled by the fact that this manga has such a high rating

Dex-chan lover
Novel has a lot more sense, there's too much things missing in the manga... (and the boobs aren't this exaggerated 😂 )

What a great manga, had me hooked from the beginning. I can't believe I have to wait so long for new chapters :(. I guess I'll come back in 1 year when the manga is finished and binge it then 😂

Users who are viewing this thread