Genkai Dokushin Joshi (26) Gohan - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
What country are you in? b/c it'd be kinda odd to start a minimum at 25 versus like 18-21 esp for families who might need it (unless they're overcompensating for previous child labor stuff in the pass)

and tbf i think in her last job there was a flashback of her boss basically being abusive/something that'd be reported in western countries versus just a 'black' company that she was overworked at but hopefully her mom/parents would be accepting of just having any job versus just not working for like a year or however long it's been
Probably Indonesia
In Indonesia you are treated as a crippled by companies if you are above the age of 25,the previous comment actually lament about the fact nobody above the age of 25 could get a job. I wish I was exaggerating but you are not qualified for any jobs in Indonesia after 25

Dex-chan lover
Everybody are discussing Pizza Hut, but on page 9 the box actually says Pizza Fat! 🍕

Dex-chan lover
It is processed food that is made of saturated fats, carbs, palm oil, cheap industrial flavours and sugars. The quickest way to kill your liver.
better than drinking at least tho i'm sure there are ppl who drink/smoke as a slower way of dying tho wonder how many local chains/family restaurants around that could give her a nutritious and filling/'proper' meal since even tho she's a neet now i imagine she wouldn't have time to go outta her way to cook too, versus like, some kinda crockpot meal

Still kinda hard to believe an attractive young women could ever be in this kind of situation. They have so much social power just by nature its hard to believe.

Dex-chan lover
Still kinda hard to believe an attractive young women could ever be in this kind of situation. They have so much social power just by nature its hard to believe.
The problem isn't that anything's gone particularly wrong with her life. It's just that she caved under the pressure. her family would probably take her in, no sweat, if she decided she absolutely didn't want to live alone. She'd probably get herself a guy if she decided to put herself out there. And the job thing, while harsh, is her own fault. She's not the subject of bullying, or tragedy here.

Dex-chan lover
The problem isn't that anything's gone particularly wrong with her life. It's just that she caved under the pressure. her family would probably take her in, no sweat, if she decided she absolutely didn't want to live alone. She'd probably get herself a guy if she decided to put herself out there. And the job thing, while harsh, is her own fault. She's not the subject of bullying, or tragedy here.
And she would read this comment or one like it and feel worse.

At what point do we go, "It's their fault" and write them off entirely?

Dex-chan lover
And she would read this comment or one like it and feel worse.

At what point do we go, "It's their fault" and write them off entirely?
When we can clearly see them ignore the tools to their own success. If you're broke, but you keep buying booze, games, eating out, getting tattoos, etc., it's literally your own damn fault. Like I said: She's not exactly screwed here. Point to a single thing that's actually working against her in this situation. It has to be out of her control, or otherwise unfixable.

1) She's older.
2) She hasn't worked in a bit.
3) ?

I'm so proud of her for trying. If anyone wants to see a similar character arc, check out 'The NPC's in this Village Sim Game Must Be Real!'. I know it sounds like some trash, but it is actually really emotional and touching.
yup, can confirm!!

Dex-chan lover
yup, can confirm!!
I second that. The only flaw to the story is that it ends. Literally. The author leaves a bunch of dangling plot threads that never get resolved, and either he had another volume planned, or he left them just in case.

Dex-chan lover
I second that. The only flaw to the story is that it ends. Literally. The author leaves a bunch of dangling plot threads that never get resolved, and either he had another volume planned, or he left them just in case.

That is because it is based on a LN but the manga got cancelled before they could properly adapt the rest

Dex-chan lover
That is because it is based on a LN but the manga got cancelled before they could properly adapt the rest
I was talking about the Light Novel. Unless the Web Novel has the rest of the story (Which wouldn't surprise me), it ends with a bunch of dangling plot threads.

Users who are viewing this thread