Genkai OL to Joshi Daisei ga 〇〇 Suru Hanashi - Ch. 10.1

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter, its really appreciated today. It just goes to show that it takes two best girls just to make Hitomi a somewhat less useless lesbian while Kana at the moment is hellbent on becoming the yuri equivalent of a blackhole of useless bottomry.

Dex-chan lover
Her rational makes no sense. Would I understand better if I reread a few chapters? Or is she just a self-sabotaging useless lesbian?
Commitment issue + fear of relationship failing I belive.

I imagine her logic is based on the fact that all previous girls she liked got together with a guy, so I guess she's just scared of seriously falling in love, like, either she was wrong and the girl was never really in love with her, or they do get together, she invest herself fully in the relationship, only for the relationship end for one reason or another, and then later she finds out that now the girl is in a relationship with a guy.

I argue it's less self-sabotaging and more just giving up on love, the older you get the scarier it becomes to invest yourself in a relationship, the harder it becomes to go through a heartbreak, so you kinda of just accept it's not for you and learn to endure the loliness.
I imagine that's particularly true for lgbt people on the older side, who didn't grew up in more accepting place / time.

That's how I understand it at least, cause I can kinda of relate :nyoron:

Supporter
I imagine her logic is based on the fact that all previous girls she liked got together with a guy, so I guess she's just scared of seriously falling in love, like, either she was wrong and the girl was never really in love with her, or they do get together, she invest herself fully in the relationship, only for the relationship end for one reason or another, and then later she finds out that now the girl is in a relationship with a guy.
I see I should've reread the earlier chapters. I had forgotten this bit of her backstory.

I argue it's less self-sabotaging and more just giving up on love, the older you get the scarier it becomes to invest yourself in a relationship, the harder it becomes to go through a heartbreak, so you kinda of just accept it's not for you and learn to endure the loliness.
I imagine that's particularly true for lgbt people on the older side, who didn't grew up in more accepting place / time.
An interesting perspective, and the opposite of what I've come to view as the "typical" view on relationships as we get older. As failures accumulate, it becomes easier to deal with the ups and downs of a relationship:
In our youth, love and passion burns red hot. A relationship is a fiery inferno that scorches every aspect of our life. When it ends, we're left cold and barren from everything being burnt to nothing. The loneliness that comes after feels almost like it's the end of the world.
As we age and our passion mellows, a relationship is more a steady flame. It warms us but doesn't burn everything because we've learned to mind the flame. Once it's extinguished, the loneliness is cold, but still bearable because we've experienced it before and know how to adjust to it.

Dex-chan lover
I see I should've reread the earlier chapters. I had forgotten this bit of her backstory.
Yeah, without remembering that part her logic doesn't make sense lol
An interesting perspective, and the opposite of what I've come to view as the "typical" view on relationships as we get older. As failures accumulate, it becomes easier to deal with the ups and downs of a relationship:
In our youth, love and passion burns red hot. A relationship is a fiery inferno that scorches every aspect of our life. When it ends, we're left cold and barren from everything being burnt to nothing. The loneliness that comes after feels almost like it's the end of the world.
As we age and our passion mellows, a relationship is more a steady flame. It warms us but doesn't burn everything because we've learned to mind the flame. Once it's extinguished, the loneliness is cold, but still bearable because we've experienced it before and know how to adjust to it.
That's a fair point, I should have said that  some people react like I said in my post, because what you said is also true, like how for some it's the opposite, and they'll get together with almost anyone just to not be alone.

I guess I expressed myself poorly due to having Segawa situation in mind, from what I remember she never actually got into a relationship, just had interest in girls that were straight, so it's not a question of passion, but rather that she wants to have a relationship but never was able to, so it's less about accumulated failures and more by accumulated disappointments and broken hopes, there was never any fire to begin with because she was never able to experience love.

Mind you I might be remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was never said anything about her having any past relationship, which makes sense, many lgbt people are never able to have relationship when young for obvious reasons, I'm pretty sure that a few friends aside Segawa is in the closet, so I guess my previous post was more about that than people in general, since with being gay it's not same issues as if she was straight.

Users who are viewing this thread