Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni Shika Atsukaenai - Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 27 - The Secret Of The Holy Pale Blue (4)

Dex-chan lover
this chapter felt way outside my comfort zone of this series. suddenly adults can fight, and some shadow figure can take direct hits? the child is likely dead, and the shadow figure most likely defeated, so i wonder who's gonna take responsibility for this outcome, will it be his majesty who allowed a substitute to take place this easily, which failed, will the Duke be made the scapegoat, or will they push it onto the heroine and our MC?

i do feel like it's been a long while for the MC to have stayed around this girl, so it wouldn't surprise me if he'd take the blame and decide to leave for a new journey, a new arc.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like they're setting up these shadows as the ultimate enemy, that makes a return at a later point.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

HELL.
MOTHERFUCKING.
YES.

Like I said about the last chapter, Reiji came in all Big Damn Hero Time. And he fucking delivers. You can almost hear Reiji going, "Bitch, please" here in this panel.

And this bit here...

image.png

.... I'm sorry, but I can't say I feel terribly bad about this kid's fate.

Near as I can figure, Eyes of Inspiration has a tendency to remove a person's inhibitions so their more deep-seated and hidden desires come through. And it's obvious that Louis was really a power-hungry little shit - his smile when the Holy King conceded to him was not that of someone who is on a mission to make things better.

Dude fucked around... And found out in the absolute worst way possible.

Dex-chan lover
The kid being presumed dead seems kind of wild. This seems like the perfect time for a story beat where Reiji has to show off his orb-snatching power to the king, taking the orb from the kid + returning him back to normal and solving the crisis that way, but here they are just stabbing the thing to death.

But I guess next chap he could still snatch the orb as a last-ditch effort, and we just get the kid's dead body as a result instead.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit hazy, but isn't Reiji fighting this guy with a brick?
Nice.

Dex-chan lover
And it's obvious that Louis was really a power-hungry little shit - his smile when the Holy King conceded to him was not that of someone who is on a mission to make things better.
That's not how I've been interpreting it, the way I see it is he really just wants to show off to the girl and show his worth to her, that's been everything we've seen both before and after.

Users who are viewing this thread