Genocide Online: Gokuaku Reijou no Play Nikki - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Group Leader
It’s Missing pages near the end!!!
Also this manga is incredibly fast paced, you literally go from the intro to just straight up killing everyone in town with No filter in the first chapter

Double-page supporter
It’s Missing pages near the end!!!
Also this manga is incredibly fast paced, you literally go from the intro to just straight up killing everyone in town with No filter in the first chapter
it isn't, that's how the chapter is structured :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
The source novel is supposedly still ongoing but the last(third) volume came out in 2021 so I'm a bit pessimistic. To top it off, this already had the other manga version cancelled because the mangaka died...

Dex-chan lover
The author really made tons of plot conveniences to the MC on purpose, it made lots of stuffs that happened doesn't make any sense at all.

I mean, those NPCs on the beginner's area is obviously very low-leveled, to the point that a freshly made lv1 character could OHK them, like that tutorial "aniki" NPC for example, or all those killings that were made afterwards, which is absolutely dumb.

All of these kinda shows that the devs either didn't planned & tested their game properly, or they just didn't give a shit about it, and just want to watch the game burned to the ground with all the chaos, which both comes back again to the whole plot convenience thing I mentioned at start.

The source novel is supposedly still ongoing but the last(third) volume came out in 2021 so I'm a bit pessimistic. To top it off, this already had the other manga version cancelled because the mangaka died...
Ah so that why, R.I.P the author

Dex-chan lover
Part 2 is more longer than part 1. Lol. Nice genocide to release stress

Dex-chan lover
If a game like this actually exist, wouldn't there be some sort of heavier death penalty for players that have negative karma? Also why is the spawn point a not a safe zone?

Dex-chan lover
If a game like this actually exist, wouldn't there be some sort of heavier death penalty for players that have negative karma? Also why is the spawn point a not a safe zone?

TBH, it's no different with the karma systems in Bethesda's games like Fallout or Oblivion, where it's literally just a glorified status, and the effects is just a slap on the wrist, since there are factions and NPCs in those games that requires the player in bad karma.

As for the safe zones, well TBH I dunno about that, since the game design itself is already weird enough with the whole "NPCs can't respawn" shenanigans, and the MC can literally massacre tons of players & NPCs in the starter zone, which supposedly a safe zone in most, if not all of MMOs, so I don't expect such place is even exists there.

Dex-chan lover
TBH, it's no different with the karma systems in Bethesda's games like Fallout or Oblivion, where it's literally just a glorified status, and the effects is just a slap on the wrist, since there are factions and NPCs in those games that requires the player in bad karma.

As for the safe zones, well TBH I dunno about that, since the game design itself is already weird enough with the whole "NPCs can't respawn" shenanigans, and the MC can literally massacre tons of players & NPCs in the starter zone, which supposedly a safe zone in most, if not all of MMOs, so I don't expect such place is even exists there.
I feel like a lot of the weird shenanigans in a lot of manga that uses MMO as an actual game and not an isekai world based on the game have either no concept of beta tests or just have a flat out malicious dev/s... which ironically enough both used in SAO so I guess that's a positive for that one. Like even though Bofuri has a lot of questionable shenanigans at least the things Maple finds is extremely obscure, but in this the mass murder MC does is like one of the first things that would be tested in beta... if it did have a beta.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like a lot of the weird shenanigans in a lot of manga that uses MMO as an actual game and not an isekai world based on the game have either no concept of beta tests or just have a flat out malicious dev/s... which ironically enough both used in SAO so I guess that's a positive for that one. Like even though Bofuri has a lot of questionable shenanigans at least the things Maple finds is extremely obscure, but in this the mass murder MC does is like one of the first things that would be tested in beta... if it did have a beta.

More like, they're lack of research about MMOs, and how they're supposed to be played, because most of the authors themselves weren't a gamer, so they're just basing it mostly by imagination, or like "would it be cool if it's like this" kind of thing.

And this title is clearly that, where the MMO parts were so badly written, it feels like it was a grade schooler's work, where all of the stuffs that happened were purely based on imaginations, instead of proper research.

Bofuri and SAO is a pretty good example on how a series that were using MMOs as the setting, but it was clearly written by someone who lacks the knowledge of MMOs, or never played one in their entire life, where there's tons of things that doesn't make any sense at all, especially when the reader also plays MMOs.

TBH, I don't expect much from this series, where the premise and story is already very clear, in which the MC will make the game plunged into a world of chaos, and the game's admin won't do jack shit, because they don't care about what happened inside the game.

Dex-chan lover
TBH, I don't expect much from this series, where the premise and story is already very clear, in which the MC will make the game plunged into a world of chaos, and the game's admin won't do jack shit, because they don't care about what happened inside the game.
Honestly considering how immediately overpowered she is and will be more powerful(based on the previous iteration that got cancelled) I don't see how this won't get boring both as the reader and as the MC herself.
Bofuri and SAO is a pretty good example on how a series that were using MMOs as the setting, but it was clearly written by someone who lacks the knowledge of MMOs, or never played one in their entire life, where there's tons of things that doesn't make any sense at all, especially when the reader also plays MMOs.
Not sure about SAO but I'm pretty sure Bofuri at the very least is based on an actual MMO(Maplestory and Mabinogi) since I've heard from some Maplestory players that some shenanigans in Bofuri somehow actually existed(albeit in a less exaggerated way) in those games.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly considering how immediately overpowered she is and will be more powerful(based on the previous iteration that got cancelled) I don't see how this won't get boring both as the reader and as the MC herself.

It's basically the same like Berserk of Gluttony, where the MC gets ridiculously overpowered really fast, to the point that the author needs to reset him numerous times, since the enemies that he's facing needs to be equal, or far more stronger than him, which makes the story really bad.

Not sure about SAO but I'm pretty sure Bofuri at the very least is based on an actual MMO(Maplestory and Mabinogi) since I've heard from some Maplestory players that some shenanigans in Bofuri somehow actually existed(albeit in a less exaggerated way) in those games.

SAO, especially during the OG Aincrad arc, was pretty much a bunch of nonsense, where Kirito somehow managed to do ridiculous things throughout the story, like surviving the game for 3 years literally solo, despite it's an open PvP game, get a bunch of rare equipments, which only obtainable by doing raids with other players, and with very strict requirements (e.g last hitting the boss), to the ONLY dual-wield user in the whole game, despite there are other hardcore players that were playing the game that uses the same weapon as his, and also very active in hunting/grinding + bossing/raids.

Dex-chan lover
It's basically the same like Berserk of Gluttony, where the MC gets ridiculously overpowered really fast, to the point that the author needs to reset him numerous times, since the enemies that he's facing needs to be equal, or far more stronger than him, which makes the story really bad.
At the very least for Berserk of Gluttony and most other series like that(Black Summoner or most shounen titles) the enemies actually make the MC work for their victory... a good/decent power fantasy knows struggle and goals/meaning is necessary to make the story enjoyable... personally I get bored way way faster when you put an overpowered MC in a story where they literally have no goal other than gratified violence, like author put in a cancer subplot for MC's mother and it isn't even remotely important since MC is just that detached... kinda reminds me of Meursault... but even Meursault is somehow actually more interesting of a character than the MC here.

SAO, especially during the OG Aincrad arc, was pretty much a bunch of nonsense, where Kirito somehow managed to do ridiculous things throughout the story, like surviving the game for 3 years literally solo, despite it's an open PvP game, get a bunch of rare equipments, which only obtainable by doing raids with other players, and with very strict requirements (e.g last hitting the boss), to the ONLY dual-wield user in the whole game, despite there are other hardcore players that were playing the game that uses the same weapon as his, and also very active in hunting/grinding + bossing/raids.
I had a phase when I was obsessed with SAO and I did start the series with the LN so a lot of the plotholes are slightly explained/"retconned" by Reki from the LN and other spin-off titles, which based on my interaction with other SAO fans most haven't actually read. Like I hated how much the anime make Kirito, Asuna and Yui "perfect" and not struggle with anything they faced meanwhile the LN versions of them actually showed struggle.

Users who are viewing this thread