Gestalt

@Rokusai it will be great if this manga have some sort of connection with nier universe. but we will see, need moar update. thanks translator.

I'm don't know anything to do with the Nier Universe lore, but this manga - by itself - is already quite intriguing.
Giving an instant hook to the setting and characters.
Liking the concept of "resetting humanity," though at the hands of a higher being? That gives ample opportunity for some classic 'higher being vs humans' conflict.

Gotta give thanks to @jacobhill for putting the chapter here. Pretty sure this is a group, so many thanks fro Coal Steel, GatedSewer & 'a damn lamb' of the John Mountain Hill group

Double-page supporter
Alright I'm in, I feel like I'm getting a Gantz vibe from this.

@ArthurRimbaud I'm right there with you on not liking the MMC, but probably not for the same reasons. From just 2 chapters, I feel like he's the kind of guy that has a strong sense of justice, but is realistic enough to understand that his current strength and situation (At least the situation he was in at the start) meant that if he jumped in, he wouldn't stand a chance. Not to mention that since he knew more about the situation than we were initially lead to believe, it's likely he figured the guy was getting what he deserved.

The fact that he cared about the cat, and as shown in chapter 2, the girl, shows that he is indeed qualified for whatever that... Thing... Wanted him for, and that it's within reason that his raising his hand was a subconcious thing rather than just "Gonna record this, gonna be massive online!" like he is shown to be thinking about outwardly. Why do I dislike him for that? Well it's simply... It's so friggin' cliche... It is just boring because he's going to make all the choices that they're presented with mundane and easy for him. He'll likely see the most obvious choice and make it while everyone else is wrestling with morals that they are imposing on themselves.

The overall idea of the series is actually very interesting and I'm gonna keep reading, but the MMC is just realy... Boring...

@Cloud557

I personally just don't like him because of how his thoughts are shaped, especially in the first chapter. I agree with your deduction on him, it kinda makes me feel like he's Meursault from L'Étranger with how quick he is with his decisions, the only difference between them when it comes to decisions is that Meursault just gets dragged by people into decisions while the MC seems to actually have a sense of self-preservation. I just don't like the way that he talks, it just feels so cliché that I can't help but dislike him and it just makes me feel like he is absolutely disgusting.

Even small things like that can make me dislike a character tbh.

Aggregator gang
It's funny how the current state of anime/manga/ln/wn is divided into either one-dimensional hero wannabes or directly three-dimensional assholes. Don't get me wrong, I like the madlads who don't give a fuck about anything but themselves, however, it is sad how there is no in-between.

@Ekfreet, in some manga yes, but that doesn't mean there is no Good manga left y'know (AoT, Kingdom, historie, ad astra, Vinland Saga, berserk, and most surprisingly some isekai have break the mold on the mc morality like yajin tensei) heck even online jump manga have became much more better in this past few years chugging great title like spy family, kaiju no 8, Dr stone to name a few.

Look I get it a part of the medium have gone stale, but if you look close enough I think the depth of the medium itself have grown leap and bounds since it's conception...

This pretty good.

@Ekfreet what nonsense you spouting on?

Surprisingly, look at everyone in this comment section, blowing up everything on an essay how they dislike the MC.

Gotta kill 'em alll, murdermon!

Good job MC on murdering those fools! Kill! Kill!

Aggregator gang
@Lyuze Bro you better go back to elementary school and relearn how English grammar works lmao ---> Subject - Verb - Complement

Then you might realize that I actually said that I liked the MC.

Double-page supporter
Seems rather too simplistic that this is gonna devolve into who can kill the most people. Their has to be more to the objective, or they are simply the new headless horseman of this new apocalypse, whether they want to be or not.

Users who are viewing this thread