Getting Shot on the Frying Pan - Vol. 4 Ch. 22.1 - Unbelievably Bad For You Ramen

Dex-chan lover
ngl I wonder what the brain rot does to swimsuits... are all swim trunks just one pieces?
I feel like we've seen swimwear in previous chaps, but I don't remember the ans lol.

Dex-chan lover
Growing old do be like that, i get tired from sleeping too much :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
"Don't eat within 2 hours of going to bed."
But food coma is the best way to fall asleep!

Group Leader
Reading this, an hour before bedtime, with dried fruit in my mouth. Oops.

Contributor
Reading this, an hour before bedtime, with dried fruit in my mouth. Oops.
I think dried fruit is fine, but something filling is not. When I was in university, I had late classes and I ate dinner late which was how I had put on the pounds. I assume the same would have applied to him.

Dex-chan lover
The whole don't eat less than 2 hours before bed is actually more because of how the digestion process overrides all other processes within your body. So you actually won't be sleeping until your stomach has finished doing what it does. Also the switch from using energy to fasting to save energy can't take place while you're actively digesting food and it's just not healthy to go from all of this suddenly readily available energy to just storing it right away

Dex-chan lover
3 kg in one month, then another 2 kg the next is pretty drastic weight loss. Especially if you are only chubby. 11 pounds averages out to over 1 pound a week, which means a calorie deficit of roughly 600 a day on average.

If it works for you doing it that fast while being able to maintain it (this is the far more important part), like I guess the author here, then that's fine. But if it doesn't work, go way slower. Like half or even 1/4th that speed. Better to build good longterm habits than rebounding harder down the line.

For not eating close to bedtime, there's another longer term reason for that: stomach acids burning your throat.

Then there's that 2 or 3 days of 2 hours exercise. That's a lot of time to dedicate, even if you are capable of deciding when you work or don't work at all. Though if it's 2 hours of an enjoyable activity like swimming, that sort of works out.

I'd be concerned about muscle mass loss too. But well, that's looking a bit too deep into a fictional brain rot author's depiction of their likely real experiences.

Either way, thanks for the scans... mr ShamelessScumbag lol.

For real though: drink more water, any exercise/movement is both cardio and strength when starting out from nothing, but lean toward strength to start. Do bodyweight stuff like squats, pushups, and maybe pullups (or something close equivalent).

Do a set of squats after using restroom or any time you get out of computer chair on a couple days a week for example.

If not that, just do something like cleaning some of your home. That's legit exercise, and it will add up too.

Just don't go too fast, too hard, and/or too long. The slower you go progress, the more likely good habits will stick. Because they're "easy".

And of course, practice the things with proper form. Injury is bad, cheating yourself of intended formal exercise's effects is bad. 1 good slow repetition better than 5 sloppy or cheated ones.

Basic bodyweight compound strength exercises won't get you fit and healthy on their own, but should leave the door open for general physical activity and everyday movements. Since you'll have some muscles to support the rest of your body.

Weight loss really is 85-90% eating habits, and 10-15% physical activity/exercise. Any calorie deficit (so that you lose weight), even a small amount like 100-150, you will feel a bit hungry. That's the one thing you will have to get used to and adjust to. Take it slow so your mind has time to accept the feeling.

You absolutely can lose weight without any exercise, but you should still do some because of the visceral fat and other health related stuff. Yes, even if it's 10 minutes a week or less. Since that's better than 0.

Dex-chan lover
so he's actually within average weight? then i probably mistook him when i watched that one rodrigo's video with what seemed like an obese man

Users who are viewing this thread