Giant Killing - Vol. 38 Ch. 370

“I gave my life to this club and I should decide how I make my exit from this club.” I hate this mindset in pro sports.

Even if you’ve given 20 years to an organization it’s still a business. You need to make them win. That’s the business they’re in. Veterans get the benefit of the doubt because of fan loyalty and merchandise sales, but if you can’t help produce wins then it’s not worth you taking a spot for some teen who may eventually lead the club.

Team USA Soccer had this problem for a long time.

I guess their not friends at all. Doubtful that a coach can be friends with his players though.

All teams have to deal with that more or less. France did win the World Cup by getting rid of all of the olds, but it probably wouldn't have happened if they didn't kept fucking up in one way or other

Fed-Kun's army
@JDLars
USMNT domestic structure is the issue. They are treating it like a US Sports like Baseball. Their football culture & with teams in no danger of relegation. They don't have that sense of do or die culture

It's just buisness as usual

Thanks for the chapters.

It was funny learning the reaction of Pena to Blanc's suggestion back then when everyone believes that he should be grateful to Blanc. The perspectives are really conflicting.

thanks for the chapter! As a actual supporter from Japan National Team in real world, I'll love to see how they will bring the "underdog" topic

Aggregator gang
It's very funny how people can react to the same scenario differently, eh? I'm hyped for this match! Tsubaki really has to play this time!

Dex-chan lover
I like the twist, buuut Uruguay has a famous coach for many years, "teacher" Tabarez, an adaptation for that guy would have been great

Dex-chan lover
I think now I know why I can't get into pro sports at all. Is because of the dog eats dog competition for nothing other than support from the fans, who mostly goes to matches and buys merch when their teams are winning.

It is an unhealthy relationship, and I shall ban all professional sports and entertainment! (lol)

Users who are viewing this thread