Giant Ojou-sama

Well Well, this is one of the reasons that I don't take "award winner/nominated" as 100% granted for a good manga, this shit is bad with no sugar on top. They sure did not hold it down at the time they choose the best manga.

Dex-chan lover
This is like Onideka, but much less interesting. Honestly, i don't even see the comedy.

Fed-Kun's army
@Lionhearte I take "Award Winner" as a near 100% guarantee that it will be boring as fuck. Good writing is a myth, there's only fine writing and distinctly awful writing, and the latter absolutely won't prevent you from getting an award (see Kingdom/Seven Deadly Sins). Most things get an award for being a generic example of their genre with "quirky" characters and no distinctly awful plot holes. Meaningless symbolism helps too (see stuff like NGE and MGS) since it lets pretentious morons thing your manga is profound. There's no real justification for manga awards.

@mommunism
Sooth my mate, for example vampire hunter D and berserk were winners of just one prize and (as far as I know) not nominated after that, and they are easily the best manga that I ever read, and blue period who in my opinion is really plain and not a masterpiece in anyway have been nominated like 3 or 4 times and won 2 or 3 awards, so yeah award winning and nomination is not an 100% way to go.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean.. it got bronze, which doesnt always meant it got thirdplace. Some awards awarded bronze to like top 10 winners. And it got bronze in rookie category which probably meant the competition is only among first timers or some really young people.
Or i could be wrong and 'bronze rookie' might be some sort of title. Either way you shouldnt judge how good/bad manga based the awards it got

Dex-chan lover
Glad I'm not the only one that's wondering how the f*ck this won an award.

At least the art is nice. He might get a future doing adaptations or just straight up doing hentai too lol.

7rK

Group Leader
@Killthescribe no idea. The page wasn't added and was no where publically announced. We added the title page and commented to pick it up. Fair work.

All I wanna do is see you turn into a giant woman
A giant woman
All I wanna be is someone who gets to see a giant woman

I've seen some people complain about the award winning aspect and I did not understand how it got an award to because it isn't bad but isn't great either. Then I noticed it was a rookie contest and decided to look into it because I was bored. For some reason I could not find anything written about the rookie competition but this was by shonen jump and looking at the shonen jump contest format shows there is no third place only 4 honorable mention spots so this could not even be the third best maybe it's 6th and knowing it's a rookie contest for probably first time writers I understand why it probably won an honorable mention. So let's pull the breaks on the hate for a bit and claiming bribes or personal connections.

Here's the link to the contest the manga was in: https://rookie.shonenjump.com/etc/entry/publication202012

In this case bronze =/= 3rd, it just means it got a bronze award (which I think means a general 100,000 yen prize), it placed 5th on the popularity poll of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread