Goals of Forum and Comment Moderation on MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aggregator gang
@Zephyrus
I just explained why I don't think he broke a rule I don't think should exist.
5.3.1 Do not argue with a moderator about an action in a thread.
My response: He did not contest your warning, IE he did not argue about the action (I'm referencing that bullshit rule I don't think should exist here), but he did ask about your inconsistency in general, your biases, the vague nature of the rules, and incomplete justifications / reasoning. He never argued about your warning, just your inconsistency and lack of explanations.
Go back and ask yourself, did he contest you issuing the warning? My answer is no, he did not say you should not have issued a warning saying "calling something gay is unacceptable", but that you're inconsistent when enforcing the rule that you cited when issuing that warning, that your explanation was unsatisfactory and that you abused your power by picking and choosing when to enforce that rule by doing so only when it fits your bias. Therefore, he did not argue against your action, he did not break that ridiculous rule.
I abused my power by...asking someone not to use a word in a particular context again and then letting the user off with nothing more than a warning?
No, you abused your power by picking and choosing when to enforce a rule, exhibiting bias when enforcing that rule, presuming and assigning intent without any context, using 5.3.1, a rule that should not exist, to unfairly and incorrectly ban someone to shut down questions and conversations made in opposition to you.
his constant insults made me irritated... His behavior caused me to ding him for 5.3.1, which is a rule I have ignored in other instances... Him insulting me and me being irritated by said insults was not the cause of his ban
Good lord man, he did not insult you. No one believes that he did. This is the whole reason that this is even a problem. You even admitted to being influenced or making a judgement ruling based off irritation AND picking and choosing when to enforce a rule. Two of the biggest reasons this is even a problem. That's literally two examples of you admitting to abusing your moderator privileges. This is just even more inconsistency.
then he should have either brought it up in PM with me or with other administration. Jumping straight to "You did this. Oh, you say you didn't do this? you're lying. You're a bad person. You shouldn't be in power."
I already explained my position on why making it private would be less effective and you're making a caricature of his argument isn't helping you.
but I believe he is still holding a grudge from a moderating mistake I made months ago when I missed a report he made on another user and ended up only dinging him for it.
Fair enough, that very well maybe true, but it doesn't matter because from my, and many others, estimation, fundamentally he was correct and you were wrong in that instance. His reason for making that complaint is irrelevant to the truth of the complaint.
I'ma just stay in my tower and judge from afar from now on. :v
You probably should do that, dude. I'm saying this because I genuinely think you're hurting your case. You're digging deeper and deeper into the hole of complaints that people have against you while making the reason for those complaints all the more salient.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@yautja
Bro, he *literally* said I was lying and that I shouldn't be in power. Why are you making it out otherwise?

You are giving people less credit than I am. I think they can differentiate between me saying I used his poor behavior as an excuse to ban him when his poor behavior and ignoring of a rule that exists whether or not you like it caused his ban.

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. I'm getting awfully tired of repeating the same thing over and over and I'm sure you are as well.

Aggregator gang
@Zephyrus
Bro, he *literally* said I was lying and that I shouldn't be in power. Why are you making it out otherwise?
Dude, I'm not. I'm saying that those things are not insults. You may feel insulted, but they're not insults.

in·sult
speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.

personal-attack
Making of an abusive remark on or relating to one's person instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments.

Acknowledging an unfavorable characteristic about another person isn't an insult. Saying you lied, abused your power or should not be in power isn't an insult. He thinks you shouldn't be in power. That's his opinion. That's not an insult. People not liking or disagreeing with you are not insults. Grow up. He thinks you lied, there's a very real case for that in what he was referring to, and even more so when looking back to your comments on this thread. That's not an insult. Saying someone lied when they did or appeared to is not an insult. Saying you abused your power is his opinion, one which is well worded and backed up by your own words and actions in both threads. That's not an insult.
You are giving people less credit than I am. I think they can differentiate between me saying I used his poor behavior as an excuse to ban him when his poor behavior and ignoring of a rule that exists whether or not you like it caused his ban.
Man, you're just not listening to me or yourself. He didn't behavior poorly, especially considering your behavior. He didn't ignore or break a rule. I've explained why multiple times, down to the letter and word of the rule. If you want me to copy and paste his comments here and pick them apart too, I'll do so, just to prove the point that he did not break that ridiculous rule.
I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. I'm getting awfully tired of repeating the same thing over and over and I'm sure you are as well.
I'd be surprised if you haven't seen or gotten complaints about me in the past, so I'd bet you know that it makes no difference to me. That aside. You really should read the other comments complaining about you / 5.3.1 and the comments supporting you. I think the people supporting you and these changes are the last kind of person you'd want to be doing so, and the the people opposing your are the last kind of people you'd want to be doing so.

Bro, you've taken all this abuse pretty well, all things considered, but take a knee. You're not doing yourself any favors right now.

Aggregator gang
So much mud-slinging for what should be a non-issue. Quite a sign of the times, in more ways that one.

Me, I'd say that some guidelines like that would be a good thing, if they're applied consistently, with no hypocrisy and double-standard. However, I highly doubt that this will be the case here, not because I have something against the MD staff, but because that's simply the case in most places in the internet these days. I have very little faith in forum moderation, these days.

But the best mod teams I've seen are those that a composed of people with different values and believes. First, it helps preventing the mod team becoming a biased circle-jerk and second, it shows that the powers-that-be acknowledge and accept people with different views than themselves and don't just block them out.

It's already 4:50 here and you two still going on.
I know this is still related to the topics discussed, but there are personal problems that I feel must be resolved behind.

This might be something that must be straightened out immediately: people really can easily misunderstand.
From my experience, there are also people who catch negativity to my comment about certain series. That alone has made me upset, because I didn't get what made her angry. So in the end I had to give in and re-edit my comment, she behaved like a child.

This is a thing that must be considered: the community becomes a place for you to express yourself, but you have to know which boundaries can and should not be passed. You must be able to distinguish. Grow up.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Yautja
While I suppose I appreciate the compliment, I assume that means you expected me to fly right off the handle and rage post about how I'm being unfairly hounded. Honestly, it comes off as more than a bit condescending.

Ultimately, my worth as a moderator is not dependent on a few users who have decided that I'm the root of all evil because one user feels maligned. I'm satisfied with how I'm doing and more importantly, so are fellow staff members and the vast majority of MD's users.

If you want to continue this conversation, let's take it to PMs please.

@Hidetsugu
Maybe it's time that this thread gets locked?

honestly, i'm impressed this is still going! other forums i visit would have locked this thread ages ago for derailment and started issuing bans.

I am literally shaking with rage as I write this. I reported Zeph's original post for soliciting (I don't want to know about the horrible power grabs that are going on behind the scene) and this guy has the AUDACITY to handle HIS OWN report and then threatens ME. It's become apparent that it's only a matter of time before the moderator's heads swell too large for their own crowns and their necks fatten too much for their special boy bibs. Start panicking now, mangadex community! Seize the means of production before you become a slave on your own manga streaming website when they add special tendie good boy points. IT'S A SLIPPERY SLOPE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..

Staff
Super Moderator
@gaylard
That's enough of that. A troll report and a troll post makes it pretty clear to me that you have no interest in constructive dialogue.

I would recommend refining your trolling into a more subtle art.

Still going. and happy :)

as for the rest Guidline for Rules + A big page where all the rules stand :D will get bigger over time
you can say this you can not say this etc. BEST with ADDED Rule "no other person with picture killing" at this time like 06.02.2019 (as possibility)

(not really consistent what i wanna bring over just an example not taking critism just and offer as an example)

Other would be a system for admins and mods. this person was warned because of this blah blah blah not visible for user only mod and admin on their profil page maybe. (this system will also get big FAST...) (maybe also smth with this mod does not like this person etc. has often clashed with this person let's take a look) all correct etc. (does not need to be seen for the normal users).
(save ip for an user and make ip bans. (maybe)) (be careful of people who take passwords and e-mail adresses and use these accounts too.....)

And last example TRY a what you happen for a user game and you try in mod and admin round what could someone do or fall into if "that would happen/ has happend /will happen etc."
what can we do. add a system, change something; nothing possible for us . etc.

Sincerely

Love you guys and back to manga reading :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread