Gokusotsu Kraken - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Battle to the Death in the Cavern 2

Dex-chan lover
While it's nice that he has "subordinates" now, it doesn't really help his issue of being vulnerable while not transformed, especially against either sneak attacks and/or foes who are faster than him raising an arm. Then again the best solution to that is simply improving his overall capabilities (including his human form), so that he wouldn't be as vulnerable.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not gonna lie, the only reason I was interested in this series was for tentacle action, and I don't mean in fight scenes. That first chapter had so much promise with its fanservice, and I really dislike that the use of tentacles has been just about totally abandoned in favor of just having this dumb dude get it on with a harem like every other boring erotic isekai and having boring Shonen lite fight scenes. A real waste of a great art style and interesting starting premise, if you ask me. Just seeing this guy navigate the perils of the prison and have to put his tentacles to work on the female prisoners would have been so much more interesting than generic dungeon crawling, fighting one-off arc-exclusive bad guys, the dumb tournament arc or whatever that's coming up, and lame vanilla sex scenes with generic boring black-haired isekai protagonist No. 3,120,567,098.

Dex-chan lover
I had the same expectations and felt the same way after reading it.
It's gonna end up as another forgettable nonisekai isekai harem with overpowered bland main character, just so edgy teenagers can immerse themselves 'cause they think they are as "cool" and "smart" as them.

Funfact: the writer of this series also wrote "Mato Seihei no Slave" and it has exacly the same dominatrix Makima-like character with long black hair and position of power. Some authors simply abandon thee concept of creativity.
Like honestly, so many of these series would be better if the protagonist was excised entirely. I am never going to be able to give a rat's ass about some shaggy-haired dipshit like the protag here. You know, I really think it's lame to target a story exclusively at people whose lives are so bankrupt they can't enjoy a story that doesn't just jack them off and let them project into having all their stupid wishes granted.

And honest to God, if you're in it for the fanservice scenes like I am, they'd be so much more enjoyable if the stupid shaggy-haired dipshit in all of them would just get the hell out of the way. These protagonists are always either the sole vehicle for fanservice or they show up to cock block the reader and end the fanservice scenes before the good part.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not gonna lie, the only reason I was interested in this series was for tentacle action, and I don't mean in fight scenes. That first chapter had so much promise with its fanservice, and I really dislike that the use of tentacles has been just about totally abandoned in favor of just having this dumb dude get it on with a harem like every other boring erotic isekai and having boring Shonen lite fight scenes. A real waste of a great art style and interesting starting premise, if you ask me. Just seeing this guy navigate the perils of the prison and have to put his tentacles to work on the female prisoners would have been so much more interesting than generic dungeon crawling, fighting one-off arc-exclusive bad guys, the dumb tournament arc or whatever that's coming up, and lame vanilla sex scenes with generic boring black-haired isekai protagonist No. 3,120,567,098.
It's Takahiro.
The guy did Majikoi where all the heroines are assertive and proactive.
The guy did Akame Ga Kill where all the girls are assertive and proactive.
The guy did Mato Seihei where all the girls are assertive and proactive.

I think your expectations for the manga are weird. Guy clearly likes girls being confident and having agency in the story. In fact the first scene is a reverse rape scene, and he admits he was into it.

Why would you read a story like this and want the protagonist to be a deviant that rapes girls? I don't understand.

Funfact: the writer of this series also wrote "Mato Seihei no Slave" and it has exacly the same dominatrix Makima-like character with long black hair and position of power. Some authors simply abandon thee concept of creativity.
Bro, it's called having preferences.

Guys are allowed to have preferences XD
This story is completely different from Mato Seihei though, because the MC's power isn't predicated on another person. Kuuma has full control of Kraken.

And it's part political drama instead of a survival shounen. There's no "external force" like demons or monsters as antagonist. It's political shenanigans and interpersonal issues.

Like honestly, so many of these series would be better if the protagonist was excised entirely. I am never going to be able to give a rat's ass about some shaggy-haired dipshit like the protag here. You know, I really think it's lame to target a story exclusively at people whose lives are so bankrupt they can't enjoy a story that doesn't just jack them off and let them project into having all their stupid wishes granted.
WHAT IS THIS TAKE!

The MC here is amazing. He fucks Maryam as soon as things get sexual and doesn't hold back like a loser.
He's a confident fighter who knows how to fight intelligently, and whoops ass.
He's a hilarious smart alec who roasts the shit out of his opponents b4 whooping that ass.

You think this is a wish-fulfillment story? He works in a prison and is risking his life daily. Yeah he gets to watch over hot girls but he doesn't know peace. Seems like you just have a hateboner for this kind of story to me. I think it's blinding you to the quality of it.

Users who are viewing this thread