Golden Kamuy - Vol. 20 Ch. 197 - Pampered Brat

Dex-chan lover
I haven't even read the chapter but these comments are like dividends paid on the investment of me picking Ogata as my favorite character after his first couple of appearances.

Dex-chan lover
Russian text are sometimes strange in these, but for "барчонок" all is forgiven :)

fucking ogata, i s2g if this backstory is happening bc koito is about to die i'm going to fight someone
ogata would still be one of my favs tho bc damn that madman's impressive

Ogata suspects Asirpa knows the answer to the gold's location(or at least enough that she wouldn't need the tattoos) and I bet he is trying to get the word out to whomever the fuck he is working for! The feds, the soviets, who knows? I can't wait for Noda to do that particular reveal. Soon pls.

Also super hyped for the back story on our favourite kendo master!😊

Dex-chan lover
I'm a sentimental sap, but I'm still holding out that, at the end, Ogata's final play is to get somebody else to kill him, so that Asirpa isn't "responsible" (kind of questionable if that counts since he seems to be dying anyway). That said, while I don't see Ogata making it out of Russia alive, it would take a chapter to explain what his actual plan has been this whole time, because we still have no idea what it is.

* Banging pots together *
OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RAD! OGATA IS A SPY KOM'RA--

I hope this is not Koito's deathflag... (I've been worrying ever since Sugimoto say "it might be a corpse that comes back home, you know" all the way back at chapter 139)

Dex-chan lover
Koito you got me worried my boy, why are you having a flashback while your life is in peril, my boy!?

Dex-chan lover
It dawned on me, it was Tsurumi who killed the other Ainu, he knows about the gold for years he is an intelligence agent for years, the 7th is just a way for his ambition.

Bruh why is Tsurumi behind almost everything.

Like, there's a flashback/explanation of something. Then you get to the end and boom, Tsurumi.

Fed-Kun's army
Although Ogata isn't immortal, he isn't a wild cat with 9 lives for show.

He already survived hypothermia after the very first battle against Sugimoto at the beginning.
Also another time in a sniper battle against Tanigaki early chapters.

Guess he'll be around for a few more story arcs.

Double-page supporter
On my first read of this chapter, I didn't notice the importance of Otonoshin saying 'No, he won't' upon being asked if he'll get in trouble. To
show that he feels unloved and unacknowledged by his father, to say that he isn't important enough to get in trouble, and that he does the things he does because he wants to TRY to get attention, even if negative, from his father. I love how much can be conveyed in just one panel like that.

Double-page supporter
Tsurumi's really giving me Dio vibes with how much he's involved with each character

Dex-chan lover
I don't think for a second that Ogata is a Russian spy. He isn't a long game sorta guy like Tsurumi is. But for sure he would try to convince someone that he is in order to further his immediate goals.

Fed-Kun's army
CG7h9spWoAA8bhj.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread