Golden Kamuy - Vol. 22 Ch. 215 - Angels of the Drift Ice

Dex-chan lover
Legit thinking that bear was gonna full Jaws on them
Good thing he's content with backpack

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah that's def not a polar bear, thank GOD. There's a saying about what to do to escape different bears where I live, and with polar bears they say "make sure you have a gun so you can shoot yourself before it gets to you." Those things are NASTY bastards.

Double-page supporter
@xyzzy :
Well, she's 12-13, if memory serves right. And that's basically the age where things start to happen. Plus, she's at times mature for her age (when she's not looking at poop). So granted, I'd rather she didn't think that way, but the kind of resolution she's making in her mind, "going to hell with Sugimoto"... That's something that goes beyond friendship at this point. She's becoming a young woman very quickly due to circumstance. While it's thankfully obvious that Sugimoto sees her as the girl she is, and tries to protect her like that, she's changing in that aspect, and that's a subtle subplot that I don't know if Noda can manage to do well.

Double-page supporter
Ahahaha yeah Shiraishi's usual antics, Asirpa finding her resolve, and OGATA BEING BACK BABY!

I love that bastard. Oh and the bear clearly isn't a polar bear. Their fur is more fine and clumped together and they have a slightly smaller head. If that one's a polar bear Shiraishi should've been DEAD

Apparently Blood isn’t important in Ainu society, if you live in Ainu way and feel belong to them, you are Ainu. Kiroranke is an Ainu name, lived in Hokkaido as Ainu with Ainu family, following Ainu style of living so he is Ainu enough. I found it a bit insensible to state he isn’t Ainu.
Also his great grandma was Ainu so he does have Ainu blood...

Hey hey comments section. There's these neat things called Grolar Bears or sometimes Pizzly Bears... Essentially they're sexually viable hybrids of Polar Bears and Grizzly Bears that can move outside the latitudes that normal polar bears are restricted to, as well as being omnivorous instead of carnivorous and having a more Grizzly look while still being just as powerful and deadl6 as their more maritime progenitors.

It's evolution in motion and has been happening in recorded history for the last century or two. It's basically the bears saying "We know this Ice Floe game ain't gonna last, bears... Let's get landed."

Double-page supporter
@xyzzy I am not a shipper but Asirpa did show that she has some feelings for Sugimoto way back to the Anehata arc with the crane dance when Ogata mentioned about the woman Sugimoto loves. She is a child sure but a child can have romantic feeling and crushes too. It is not like there will be any sex scene so you don't need to bring the underage card here. Meiji era girls can get married when they reach 15 according to the law at that time. Wee, but it is up to Noda anyway to write his story and I actually don't like romance in my manga.
And what does being a strong independent girl have anything to do with need no man? It sounds like some femi-Nazi propaganda. As a woman who is against the gender stereotypes of Asian society and trying to build a career in STEM, I am actually tired of hearing the phrase "strong and independent woman who needs no man". A strong independent woman can have a man she loves and build a family too.

Ogata: Everyone's the same as me. No guilt towards the people they kill. Sugimoto's the same as me too. He'd love to eat anglerfish nabe.
Also Ogata: Even this gun is like me. It must want to keep on shooting people until the day it breaks..

AAAAa
So happy that ogata is back!
Ugh I really hate Sugimoto x Asirpa ship. I hope that their relationship doesn't take the romantic route >:0
And what is the Golden Kamuy's Discord server? I really want to enter it

Fed-Kun's army
I was wondering when the bear would get into action after seeing it stalk them all those panels

I wasn't disappointed 😆

Dex-chan lover
Nice resolve Asirpa. She'll probably kill before the end of this manga

Fed-Kun's army
The bear had been stalking them from page 2, 5, 7, 11 to 12 and they still didn't notice it.

Shiraishi got so much credit for being useful once again on page 4 just to become a joke character at the end.

Aggregator gang
Hey hey comments section. There's these neat things called Grolar Bears or sometimes Pizzly Bears... Essentially they're sexually viable hybrids of Polar Bears and Grizzly Bears that can move outside the latitudes that normal polar bears are restricted to, as well as being omnivorous instead of carnivorous and having a more Grizzly look while still being just as powerful and deadl6 as their more maritime progenitors.

It's evolution in motion and has been happening in recorded history for the last century or two. It's basically the bears saying "We know this Ice Floe game ain't gonna last, bears... Let's get landed."
But can they reproduce or is it a liger situation?

Users who are viewing this thread