Golden Kamuy - Vol. 27 Ch. 270 - The Cause of It All

Every time I think Tsurimi has hit a wall with how insane he can be I get proven wrong. He has got to be one of my favorite villains of all time.

thankyou for the translation! and thankyou for the extras at the end I always love reading them!

Fed-Kun's army
Tsurumi is an absolute mad man. He is one (maybe the best) of the best antagonist I've seen/read in fiction. And I don't believe in all of his words. Tsukishima's expression 😭 and then Koito's face... AND WILK FACE . When I saw the raws I almost screamed!

can’t believe tsurumi kept wilk’s cut off face. that explains his knowledge of taxidermy in earlier chapters.

Me reading this chapter at night alone in a dark room. Then seeing Tsurumi with Wilk's face gave me a fucking jumpscare I hadnt experience in awhile. WTF Tsurumi? You gonna kill me with a heart attack or what?

@alacaelum exactly my thoughts! Tsurumi is such a good actor, he deserves an Oskar. No doubt he staged this whole farce for keeping his men on a short leash.

The face thing seemed kinda unnecessary for him to do here tbh
I'm glad he isn't just doing all this for personal revenge though, was getting worried that's the route Noda was going with his character

@Mielly: This is something I've been wondering actually, how closely is this series gonna stick to actual history? because if it does generally stay true to what happened historically, then the Ainu aren't "saved" and there's certainly no independent republic successfully created in the long term like what Hijikata wants. Historically, Tsurumi should 'win' here shouldn't he?

wilk really did kill tsurumi's family, it was shown in the volume release of chapter 211

Aggregator gang
Empires must expand, guess they had to grab Hokkaido. What can they do? Noda sensei gonna pull some twist

Dex-chan lover
@ak2508 Don't forget that Tsurumi also wants to establish his own independent military government in Hokkaido with him at the head of it, so presuming the series stays accurate to real life history, Tsurumi shouldn't "win" either. If any faction "wins" it would be the Central government, who's interests Kikuta is working for.

Dex-chan lover
I'm still hoping for Tsurumi to talk about the 7th division's resentment at being treated poorly during and after the war, or about his goal of using the arms factory he plans to build to provide jobs for veterans and the families of deceased soldiers. One of my favorite parts about the 7th division was that they presented themselves as a nationalist group, but underneath that nationalism was the desire to just provide for themselves and their families after being used up and thrown away by their country. I know he might be lying about his goals since he knows Koito and Tsukishima are listening, but I don't see why he wouldn't talk about taking care of war widows and orphans, since that was one of his goals up front.

Looks like Tsurumi knows that his men are listening. The patriotic part of his speech sounded super fake.
Tsurumi wearing Wilks face is a proper nightmare fuel though

Fed-Kun's army
Good not giving her time to take In the gravity of that bullet, but the fright tactic didn't work well It seems, she still seemed to pitty him. Happy belated birthday Shiraishi!

Knowing Tsurumi, I know he planned this whole thing, down to them eavesdropping

Users who are viewing this thread