Gomi Ika da to Tsuihousareta Shounin, Jitsu wa Zensei Kenja Desu - Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
This has so many overused cliché tropes in the first chapter. Someone make a bingo card about these tropes.
The protag was the strongest in his past life, strongest guy reincarnates because loneliness, protag is obviously overpowered but still works for some rando because why not, protag gets kicked out by the rando dude, protag decides to go to a magic school after getting kicked out and protag saves a lady almost immediately as he arrives at his destination. This totals to 6 cliché tropes and that too is saying quite generously. You bet you can find more tropes here if you follow stricter criteria.
The only somewhat non generic thing is the supposed setting that nobles seemingly can't fight commoners.
The first chapter really does not leave a good impression and unless it has some decently unique setting, this one is at best a 7/10

Dex-chan lover
lol so many new series, i'd rather see some inactive stuff be updated again But thanks either way
This has so many overused cliché tropes in the first chapter. Someone make a bingo card about these tropes.
The protag was the strongest in his past life, strongest guy reincarnates because loneliness, protag is obviously overpowered but still works for some rando because why not, protag gets kicked out by the rando dude, protag decides to go to a magic school after getting kicked out and protag saves a lady almost immediately as he arrives at his destination. This totals to 6 cliché tropes and that too is saying quite generously. You bet you can find more tropes here if you follow stricter criteria.
The only somewhat non generic thing is the supposed setting that nobles seemingly can't fight commoners.
This really doean
maybe a lot of these writers are submitting to the same site or so, idk if for a contest or so but i guess a cliche layout is common. I briefly skimmed something about a chubby noble with a storage? skill trying to improve his life or so, wouldn't mind seeing that get an adaptation but i can imagine some writers just commissioning artists directly

Dex-chan lover
This is award winning ?
The manga shouldn't be, only the WN since it won an award so in the end it could be adapted into manga/get published as a LN (it won the Sirius x Kodansha LN Bunko Isekai Manga Original Novel Award), most of these adaptations that wrongly got the award winning tag here, is because their LN or WN won an award so it could be adapted or get published as a LN lol

-

That aside, adaptation of a WN with no translation i could find, it only had 46 chapters and seems completed since 2022

Raw WN

Last edited:
Supporter
Let's be honest this is likely to be slop,
but man, do I love slop.
20240223031644-cf4b95ce-me.jpg

Dex-chan lover
perhaps the ONLY thing that this manga did that was unique, is that the sage didn't get killed as a monster/threat to the country. He just got overworked and bored of it. Everything else and the way it's paced, even his sadness was speed ran. It doesn't even make sense to protect a city by culling monsters and get not even the slightest concern for its safety right after.

Dex-chan lover
ok... so you don't want to deal with all the responsibility and decided to reborn... why did you became butler for a clearly problematic's family then?
and now after you got fired, you decided to went into a magic school and you clearly didn't bother to try hide your ability since you just go and teleport yourself to the city.
so far it just another "sage who reborn and magic in this time has became downgrade" plot

Dex-chan lover
Right, the 'I pretend to be useless to have a quiet life because being powerful is such a bother, but I suck at keeping low profile and make a commotion everywhere I go, also I marry 27 wives' setup.
Nobles can't harm commoners, while those get to do what as they please? How do they still end up being the ruling class? And I guess we're ignoring how the blue-blooded brat tried to vaporize MC there...
This is award winning ?
Maybe the godlike writing kicks in after 30 chapters or so, like in a sleeper hit?
Honestly, isekai can get away with garbage beginnings, settings, or even entire stories as long as the characters are likeable and have nice chemistry that get the readers hooked.

Dex-chan lover
The first chapter really does not leave a good impression and unless it has some decently unique setting, this one is at best a 7/10
you forgot the part were the protag is a weak willed person without true determination

MD@Home
I'll read some chapters to see if something come out of them, but the premise is so generic I don't even know if you can do that.

Dex-chan lover
At this point, the plot is so predictable.

Here is my prediction
1. Former master teritory gonna get rekted
2. Arrogant son is gonna be on same school. Will probably be tempted by demon for more power sooner or later
3. More female cast joining MC
4. Will make connection with some pretigious noble if not a royalty

Havent read the LN/WN so its not a spoiler

Users who are viewing this thread