Gomi Ika da to Tsuihousareta Shounin, Jitsu wa Zensei Kenja Desu ~Shijou Saikyou no Kenja, Sekai Saikou Hou no Gakuen ni Kayou~ - Ch. 5.3

Dex-chan lover
I'm really confused what the dean's game is. This kid is clearly OP, he knows it, but he still made him the lowest rank.

OPTION 1: He's a moron. Considering the quality of the writing so far, this is the most likely option. If he was just trying to keep him from rocking the boat, I can understand why he didn't want him to be the scholarship student. But if that's the case, making him the lowest rank is just as bad. If he wanted him to fade into the background, he could have just made him middle rank or a bit above that.

OPTION 2: He's playing the long game and he wants the MC to rock the boat so he put him in the best place to do that.

Dex-chan lover
Kind and appreciative senpais are the best.
Nice that Gard finally met a new set of people who are kinder at first impression.

Makes me think how stupid of the academy to still accept 'low-rankers'. If they are low-ranks, why do they still accept them in the first place? Why not just reject them outright as they obviously will not become anything better in their eyes?

Also, are they hiding this type of discrimination from a kind-hearted major benefactor of the academy (i.e. someone who is genuinely kind and funds the academy)? I am beginning to believe there might be a powerful noble funding the academy so that weaker magic-wielding individuals can have chance studying in such an academy. But the academy can't decline the money so those they either see as talentless or simply not in their favor are just shoved into the low-rank category.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
OPTION 2: He's playing the long game and he wants the MC to rock the boat so he put him in the best place to do that.
See, not gonna lie, this is the somewhat serviceable swerve that could make this less dumb, and gives my curiosity enough push to keep reaching into this metaphorical bag of stale potato chips... but given the initial concept and execution, I am hella doubtful this author even knows where the fuck they're driving this narrative vehicle. Maybe to a cliff, they drove down one already, another would at least be funnier than whatever the heck this is.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really confused what the dean's game is. This kid is clearly OP, he knows it, but he still made him the lowest rank.

OPTION 1: He's a moron. Considering the quality of the writing so far, this is the most likely option. If he was just trying to keep him from rocking the boat, I can understand why he didn't want him to be the scholarship student. But if that's the case, making him the lowest rank is just as bad. If he wanted him to fade into the background, he could have just made him middle rank or a bit above that.

Based on story writing i am going with option 1 the headmaster is 100% a nutjob and ass kiss for the noble

Dex-chan lover

Though the headmaster did say that he wanted to "protect the reputation" of the academy from commoners outdoing nobles. Whether it's genuine classism or it's some cliche bribery/outside pressure forcing him to do this...

Contributor
He is strongest OP mankind ever,
He can just blow the whole school with single AOE spell...
I forget this is j̶a̶p̶a̶n̶ Made by japanese author, not Young master from Gu or Yang family

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread