Good Disciple, Have Pity on Your Master!

Manhuas are often not good it's so curious. I wonder if Chinese educations plays a role.

Dex-chan lover
@ikstarven There are many likely reasons as to why there is so much garbage manhua in the world. In fact, it's probably multiple reasons, but I'll say what I think anyway even if I can't cover all possibilities.

I think the reason why there is so much garbage manhua boils down to these: Chinese-to-English translation, human nature, and bandwagon-ing.

The Chinese language is a complex one, kind of like Japanese but from what I've heard there are a lot more nuances and gimmicks. So just like how certain phrases and words lose meaning when being translated from Japanese to English, there is either a large loss of meaning or a lot of ad-libbing involved in Chinese to English translation.

So where to start with human nature... You see, escapism is, well, a thing. It's likely the primary reason for most forms of story-based entertainment's existence and is why Isekai is so popular along with videogames. So to put it simply, the oppressive nature of Chinese society causes people to find a means of escape, which seems to be writing self-insert cultivation fantasies.

Now then, the final reason. What happens when something get's popular? People try copying it in hopes of similar amounts of attention. At some point when manhua was popular in China (not sure when, I'm not exactly an avid Chinese cultural researcher), more and more people tried writing their own manhua to capitalize on the popularity. Since writing a story, especially a self -insert fantasy, is easier than starting a business or coding a game, the accessibility was through the roof. This coupled with even the slimmest chance of making it big and breaking free from China's daily grind was what caused the big influx of manhua.

All of these reasons combined is why there is so much mass produced sludge on the internet, and while it is unfortunate that there is so much uninspiring text on our favorite side of the internet, I'd say that it's nice that they at least gave being creative a go. Please take everything I say with a silo of salt since I'm basically just connecting my own mental dots and writing it down to possibly answer your wondering.

And here is where I realize I'm replying to an 18 day old post. Oh well.

Double-page supporter
Good art and story is not bad I feel bad for the femboy his love is unrequited he's trying so hard but getting no attention I don't know who's wrong in this position

Users who are viewing this thread