Goodbye, In-law! - Ch. 19

I wonder what Hyeshin has against Jung-dae, cause she clearly just dated the guy to separate them.

Dex-chan lover
Jung-dae being so insistent that Han-eol go through with dating Hyeshin is quite annoying. Han-eol himself even said there wasn't much actual love there, so breaking up earlier/not going through with dating her in the first place wouldn't wreck her life. And really, she really needed to take Han-eol's own feelings into account here because he clearly states that things are different and he doesn't really care about what happens to Hyeshin. Hell, the fake dating is just going to create more issues when people see them hooking up to share notes on tailing their siblings, so why even invite that kind of time-wasting drama in the first place? Good on Han-eol to realize that they were just going to be wasting time endlessly arguing about it and striking a compromise, but damn, what a stupid argument to be having in the first place.

In the past life, Hyeshin clearly set up Jung-dae as a bully to get rid of her because she likes Han-eol. But she only likes Han-eol seemingly because of Hyeshin and Jung-dae's dynamic in the past.

I don't care if she hasnt done anything yet, but this girl was a snake in the first timeline and will probably still be a snake.

@BZo1480 While its true that it's more hassle, more likely to lead to drama and they have bigger priorities I do get Jung-dae's perspective. While Han-eol says there wasn't much love, as Jung-dae pointed out, that's only from his perspective. Neither of them know what Hyeshin felt or the impact it had on her life afterwards. It is her first boyfriend so it may have more influence than Han-eol gives it credit. Truth is no one knows to what degree their dating and the timing of their breakup impacted Hyeshin, but the fact remains it COULD impact her life course. Now of course this only matters if you care about the result, for Han-eol he doesn't, but for Jung-dae she clearly does. I think for her she saw how what looked like small events led to the death of the people they care about so she carries that worry with her. While her priority is their family, she understandably doesn't want to needlessly change someone else's life.

I'm not sure if this decision will be good or bad (probably bad) and their relationship ultimately isn't Jung-dae's business, but I do think it goes to show how caring and considerate Jung-dae really is. Even though her personal history with Hyeshin isn't great, she isn't holding a grudge nor is she indifferent to her. It's something I think Han-eol noticed which goes to further help him change his view of her.

Contributor
I expected him to do something stupid, but no, he said the right thing.
Why should he care about this Thot past ? He never liked her anyway, and he have a LOT of things much more important than her right now.

Jung-dae need to think a bit sometime too, i don't think it's a good idea at all.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe I’m stupid but I, too, would have thought of that “starting as friend before dating” as just being friend at this point of the story.
Besides he didn’t cheat on her to begin with.
Also Jung da ae, encouraging domestic violence is not good. (Slapping him because he misunderstood...)

guys... her name is da-ae, her surname is jung. her name is not jung-dae KSNDKDJDOD that's a boy name 😭

@Aeriandra I agree with everything you said. I think this just shows how mature and caring Da-ae is. No wonder Han-eol is starting to fall for her.

Aggregator gang
Oh God, I'll get so mad if the Unni's freshmen friend get too jealous and cause a **** up, please she has got so much already and half of it because she defended you

they're pissing me off soooo much!! AHHHHh. THEY've ALREADY gone to the past! THey've already changed so many damn things??!!! THey think they can stop things from changing when they've already done so many things different???!! And it would be worse for him to stay in a 'fake' relationship with that girl!!! He's not a good liar!

Aggregator gang
... are you fucking kidding me? REALLY!? She tried to emotionally blackmail him into dating her by threatening Ja Dae, yet she says to pretend to date her because of her future? No, fuck that. There is 0 reason to care about someone that manipulative, regardless of how much she "loves" him. I've never rage-dropped a series, but jesus I am tempted to right now. >_<

Everyone changes everyone else's lives all the time. Just because these two have already gone through a version of events doesn't suddenly make them responsible for the fate of every person they interact with!

Also where does she draw the line, because they've definitely changed the lives of various people already... Like maybe that gross guy would never have become a stalker in the other timeline. And so what? He's still responsible for his own actions and life choices. This is like the most annoying attitude to have toward time paradoxes

Users who are viewing this thread