Goodnight Punpun - Vol. 11 Ch. 113

The mother could stand the whole time and faked being crippled to chain Aiko down with her... Jesus Christ man....

Double-page supporter
What a fucking chapter

Take Aiko and get the fuck out of there.

Dex-chan lover
Idk man, this all felt really dramatic when I read this manga the first two times, but I just really dont feel like it makes sense at all that Aiko cared about her mother at all. Her mother has been the source fo almost all of her problems since elementary school. It just doesnt feel it's that realistic. I still consider this manga one of the best out there, but man. I just dont agree with that bit of writing.

@Amphguy

You obviously have no idea how emotionally manipulated a person can be, especially if they are underage or with social ties. Any abuser can easily hold his victim hostage without the need for physical restrictions.

You're a textbook case for this trope:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealityIsUnrealistic

Good use of Chekohv's gun I guess?? Ion even wanna go back and read this again after I'm done with this manga my god

Dex-chan lover
@Mattopui I dont see what this has to do with denying reality. I just meant that it doesnt feel consistent with the character of Aiko. She felt like a bit more of a realist before, but didnt see that the solution to her problems was right there. Maybe I just got the wrong impression of the character, but seemed very similar to the girl that manipulated punpun's uncle, so I guess I mixed up their traits. I just thought on my first few reads that the girl that manipulated punpun's uncle was supposed to represent the same sly manipulation as Aiko, especially with how Aiko manipulated punpun so much earlier in the story.

Users who are viewing this thread