Goodnight Punpun - Vol. 13 Ch. 147

Aggregator gang
i guess he’s happy? also reality is apparently repeating itself. this ending kinda confused me.

i still love the fuck out of this manga, even if chapters 100-147 were basically torture to read with how sad it was.

this is hands down my favorite manga. i didn’t think anything could top tokyo ghoul, but this certainly did.

i’m glad i found out about this manga from a friend of mine of animelist, i probably would’ve never read it if it wasn’t for him.

i’ve spent so many late nights reading this (like i am rn) and i’m glad i did so. thank you so much Inio Asano for making this. i’ve never been able to relate to something so much before in my life.

10/10 manga, it absolutely hurt to read though.

Double-page supporter
Wow. What a powerful, beautiful thing this was. I don't think anything I ever read from hereon will hold much of a candle to what this story meant to me. The things it made me feel, what it made me realize about myself, and the world around me, I'll cherish this always and wont ever forget. I don't think I could handle a second reading though, haha.

I wont go on a tangent or a retrospective, I simply want to collect my thoughts and show my respect is all. So with that being said;

Thank you, Asano Inio. You've touched my heart in ways I've never experienced before, and I mean that.

Goodnight, Punpun. A long awaited and well earned respite.

And to all of you who made it this far... Congratulations. Please live this one life of yours well, and have no regrets.

Fed-Kun's army
i read a review somewhere before that this manga's ending is not just a sad or happy ending, it just ends, life goes on, life repeats itself.
im kinda worried seeing how the manga repeats itself, but my philosophy teacher said that life repeats itself in a neverending cycle, each one is a better cycle than the last, so i hope that everyone is happy and that girl isnt cursed with bad luck like aiko :(

To you, seeking solace in the comments after finishing Punpun

I want you to know:
『...』

The melody of this song perfectly captures what I felt reading this manga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mov8zyrzLEE&list=PLKUXPcsefWNQpbkpctvpbES-cyNKNiNcn&index=16&t=0s

It accentuated the emotions I experienced, as no words I could think of could describe it. This manga will always hold a special place in my heart.

It was a wild ride... But, I am glad that no one I know lives their lives like this, although everyone has their own personal problems and they sometimes choose to share them with others, it is actually so monotonous that sometimes we forget what normal is... Infact, we can't even imagine what normal is...
The most simple anology is, nothing is normal hence everything is normal, the only normal becomes the abnormal...

Alright wth did I type

Double-page supporter
I don't know what feelings I'm having right now, but I somewhat relieved and satisfied with the ending. Is not because it either good or bad, it just end. It just closed narratively and everything close up together with no conclusion to be made. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's what I feel right now, and this just feels so good. I don't think there is other manga that could leave the same impact on me as this. I just want to say, good night punpun.

Felt...
a little therapeutic,
a little bit nothingness

whatever

Thanks to the youtube video that let me find this.
Good Vibrations
Goodnight, Pun Pun

i would like to thank the twitter post that led me to read this masterpiece

Kek

There has never been another anime or manga that has impacted me like this one has.

*Spoilers in this comment but if you got this far I assume you finished the manga so I wont bother hiding it*

I finished this last night and I’ve just been stewing about it. It didn’t seem to leave much of an impact at first but actually gave me a lot to think about.
I wish Aiko didn’t die. I know Inio Asano isn’t the kind of author to cut corners, mince words or avoid difficult themes, but it literally breaks my heart that Aiko needed just one fucking person to help her get away from her mom. Because she was used to being abused it was the natural choice for her to cling to Punpun after they killed her mom together, even when he abused her and it seemed like they were both about to die from their wounds. All this adding to her story and the character feeling completely real. I know the law and order system is pretty different in Japan, and I don’t think long and harsh prison sentences make a difference even for serious crimes tbh, but seeing punpun go about his Normal life just a couple years after Aiko died fucking hurt. Although I doubt I would have felt relieved if punpun received a harsh punishment.

All the messages and lessons this manga presented truly makes it amazing. I believe that punpun continuing on rather than dying is the best outcome because as he moves forward he carries the burden of aiko and all of the things he’s done, just like his uncle told him: take responsibility for your actions. I believe that if punpun has died he wouldn’t have been able to honor aikos last wish. Amazing all of these perspectives of life! I hope that if anyone reads this they can find solace in the fact that there is hope in tomorrow. God bless you all.
Goodnight punpun.

Users who are viewing this thread