Goodnight Punpun

This may be the best, most realistic depiction of depression that I have ever seen, at least in manga form.
It helped me see my depression in a different light. I recommend this to everyone who is questioning whether their depression is real, or whether their feelings are valid. Some people think depression is just a big, long sad; this shows that, if left alone, depression can grow into an untamable monster. 10/10

I just read this in one sitting, i dont really know how to explain what im feeling but i just feel hollow, i just sat here and read this whole thing without making any expressions on even really feeling anything. I dont know. But i do feel that emptiness that i felt before after finishing a great movie or series.

I can count on one hand the anime and manga combined that have made me cry and this is one of them. The final few pages where Punpun addresses Aiko had me sobbing. The feeling of nostalgia it hit me with was intense. This will for sure be one of the manga I come back to in order to read through again.

Double-page supporter
I don’t know what to say about this.....

It’s a masterpiece
10/10 great depressing type of shit

Dex-chan lover
Most beautiful manga out there, I really liked Aiko and Punpun, no matter how dysfunctional their relationship was it was definitely a relationship that they wished for.

Definitely a 10/10, will never read again. This manga will definitely stay with me. Asano wrote one of the masterpiece of this generation, hats off to the good man.

Dex-chan lover
I am now a broken man after coming out of that tunnel, 10/10 and I could see myself coming back to it in 20 years and die inside all over again.

Dex-chan lover
I regret reading this story although it is good it makes me feel depressed. I wish no one recommended me this story because now I will be feeling down everytime I remember

I was depressed when I bought the manga. I didn't read them for 2 years a bit scared of making my situation worse. The depression stayed, but I'm doing better. I read the whole series et 4 days and truly it's now my favorite manga. Would recommend to anyone interested in it.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the first time I read this I felt it was far more depressing than the second time I read it. Yes, terrible things happen, yes the characters do terrible things and feel trapped in horrible circumstances. But the ending imho is actually far more optimistic than it might appear on first glance. Don't want to spoil too much but I personally see the last few chapters as containing a genuine hopefulness in terms of the manga's view on adulthood and life in general. Regardless, a very emotionally densely packed manga. Not my personal favorite or anywhere close but something I would recommend to people who want or feel the need for a darker dive into the psychology of "coming of age" and "growing up" in modern society.

Users who are viewing this thread