Goodnight Punpun

Dex-chan lover
this manga needs a sexual violence flag for chapter
:/

Fed-Kun's army
I haven't read many "anything" throughout my life
But I'm saying without doubt, this work, is one of the absolute best anything that I have seen
It's a great representation of that darkness inside of everyone, whatever kind of darkness that is
It's sad, painful, disgusting and will leave you empty

I fucking hate it, 10/10

SFP

Brutally honest Manga. It will definitely strain you mentally, so beware. Probably won't reread it ever. But I had a great time! Goodnight, Punpun

Literally don't touch this manga if you have a weak mind/mindset or suffering from anything. Heck, don't even touch it if you have a normal mindset. I don't mean to brag, flex or anything, but i consider myself to have a decently strong mental health and am not currently suffering from anything, yet somehow this manga managed to hit me hard. More than any other sappy tragic bullshit. This thing is the most straining anything that i've ever done. GL if you try and read through this stuff. It is heavy

Amazing, realistic look into the minds of real people. Everyone suffers from something and this portrays that very well. Not a happy story overall, which makes the happy moments that much more touching. I really loved it.

Its comforting to know that everyone else is despairing.

Hey you, lets cry for a bit. Hug youself pls, I love you

This is the most tragic and realistic manga i've read. its not a story of someone special who's able to die a glorious death which plenty of mangas can offer but of a man unable to do so because he is far too normal and sadly most of us are far too normal. a very good representation of despair in the kierkegaardian sense. 10/10

A very grounded story that touches upon loneliness and coming of age. Failure and anxiety. Heartbreak and tragedy. The highest emotional peaks are created while exploring the slow mundane descent into depression. However, the lowest points do cross the line into edgy territory. Several times I caught myself thinking "that line could be in Mirai Nikki" or something of that caliber. It only happened 2-3 times in 147 chapters and I've never read anything that so frequently moved me to the brink of tears. This is in a class of its own and may be the best of it's kind (at least of what I've read) so 10/10 for now...

Ever since I reached the double-digit chapters, I started thinking about how to review this piece, how to describe, illustrate or pin it down.
I just now finished the last chapter and I feel a cold void inside me, so my review might be biased as well.

But I decided against trying to describe anything because, in my heart, this work has taken a place amongst the very few literary pieces that are best left un-reviewed and un-described, since every attempt to articulate their meaning or implications will just shrink it, force it into verbally articulable concepts and thus defile and violate it. In fact, I'm almost inclined to say it's presumptuous to say it has to have any meaning it all, but I won't because I happened to find it extremely meaningful. If I were to give a comparison, it feels more like looking at a symbolic piece of art (i. e. The Monk by the Sea) not because it's a manga instead of a novel, but because it's more of an 'experience' then a text to be interpreted. The hermeneutics are different from how you would approach a novel or any other manga I know. The story doesn't feel like it has a beginning or an end, more like a starting point and a finishing point, it doesn't have a clear-cut focus but more of an impossible knot of motives, characters, events, scenes, thoughts, images. This piece is also perfect, not in the sense that it tells the most entertaining, insightful, exciting or even compelling story but in the sense that you would absolutely fucking destroy it into pieces if you just changed one single detail, to me personally, this is a hallmark feature of world-class literature.

tl;dr: Fuck that pretentious Reddit shit above. Just read it. 10/10.

"Coming of Age story" my ass 😂😂😂 (Plot Outline Minor Spoilers I guess; Very Abbreviated)

So here we have a COOM brain MC that's low confident, retarded, and internalizes all of his struggles. the perfect combination to make the greatest of idiots. Not just a normal idiot though, but a complete edgelord in the latter half of the story to boot. You get to witness how this comes about as we go through his childhood allllll the way to his final form that's a bleak empty shell of his dreamy and idolized youth. Usually, stories are supposed to deliver a message, a moral or a life lesson - you get none of that here. Well, I suppose the reader can interpret a "what not to do to be completely fucking retarded" but the MC certainly doesn't as he goes along his life aimlessly and depressed until he all of a sudden just fucking becomes the epitome of misery. Sure some may justify his behavior as a result of the events that took place, but if you look at how far he goes as a result of post-nut clarity, one doesn't just simply wish to murder and inflict pain onto oneself 'noramlly' especially given his prior behavior of never showing such tendencies. Overall, there's no meaning to the story, but it's a good tale nonetheless. No one does stories like these where the overall goal is to ONLY make the reader empty , they usually never sell well and they probably aren't done as well as this one (seeing as I don't see too many of them). I'll probably give it a 9/10 as it was a good story but flawed in some areas of validity. There's a lot of things to be interpreted to try and give a meaning to this, but they don't incorporate into one whole coherent message like most manga try to do. Maybe "Nihilism, Majority of Humans are Disgusting, Don't interalize EVERY struggle/Find people to talk to" those themes are Exaggerated to the upmost in the story in unorthodox ways, so much so that it makes it a far cry from reality, but still a cold bucket to be poured over your head if you're new to things.

Tldr; yeah, it's a shit story but it's a good story. 9/10
also " i'm 14 and this is deep "

Dex-chan lover
@lurkking "... one doesn't just simply wish to murder and inflict pain onto oneself 'noramlly' especially given his prior behavior of never showing such tendencies."

Oh boy, trust me some people are just like that :/

@AnotherRat if you look at it in the context of the story, it's the amount of self harm I'm referring to. Even if you're suicidal, I'd probably think people would be still be scared enough of the pain that comes with it given the methods suicidal people usually choose as opposed to this MC where his first instance of self inflicted pain was when
he allows his current S.O to drive a fork into his EYE in a public setting, whilst telling her that she's a dumb bitch that lacks conviction
. Yeah, i find it hard to believe.
Edit: "the never showing such tendencies part" is also being said because we see PunPun's thoughts throughout the entire story as opposed to someone we're just looking at on the surface.

Users who are viewing this thread