Gori-sen ~The type of PE teacher to die first during a panic~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 76 - The type of PE teacher to die at the start of a school horror film

Double-page supporter
Man, this one ending threw me for a loop. One of my favorite little silly side things of the past half-decade. Hope the author makes something equally fun next.
Godspeed you magnificent gorilla, be sure not to die at the start of the next school horror film. Though, somehow, I don't think that will be much of a problem for you.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe it finally ends. I picked this up expecting to see him die in the first chapter and stayed to watch him escape death each chapter.
Thanks for bringing us home SKT!
Escape death? You mean death escaping

Dex-chan lover
This continued to escalate beyond any expectation and it was wonderful. I hope the author gets another work in the future.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Excellent debut series, I hope to see this author again soon.

Dex-chan lover
It's already been over 3 years since the first chapter was uploaded here? Man time goes by so fast. It's been a great ride, thanks for translating.

Dex-chan lover
A good ending that ends on a satisfying note, though there are a few niggling little loose ends. Obviously MC girl attracts the dangerous and supernatural, so how does she live her life outside of school? What kind of job can she get if she NEEDS to have Gori nearby essentially?

So I think the last chapter really should of had a "where are they now" last chapter that was 10 or so years in the future.
Otherwise, a good read from beginning to end.

Dex-chan lover
Not going to lie, I'm surprised that this is ending like it is. I mean... the premise lets them basically keep doing whatever they want and they have gone to some ridiculous situations already. But I suppose every story has to end somehow, but I would have imagined it would be with the girl graduating or something, not just entering a new term and having a new monstrosity that scares even the biggest monster in class show up only to get classically shut down instantly like any other chapter.
To be fair, it's not exactly hard to scare the biggest monster in the class. It's kind of a running joke that Ichi is completely terrified of ghosts, monsters, and the supernatural despite being one such being herself (and, frankly, a quite terrifying one at that).

Dex-chan lover
Sure, the art was a bit scuffed, but the premise was funny. Glad it ended on a good note.
Honestly, the scuffed art just added to the whole appeal. it gave it an ambiguity where you could (ostensibly) never quite tell if it was being serious or tongue-in-cheek at key moments (it was always tongue-in-cheek, of course, but suspending that knowledge is part of the fun), and the sketchy feel lends itself well to the various horror designs that showed up.

Plus, the artist actually managed to do a lot with the scuffed art style, including things like hiding the broken-off tip of a knife in the ten-ten of one of the sfx on the page. Good shit.

Dex-chan lover
Oof, gonna miss this. Sayonara Gori-sen, you shall be missed o7

VIP
that's it? man, i want more.. the art is rough, but it's added the charm. it attempt to made plot but fail miserably, and then get status quo abrupt ending. still such a fun meta comedy series. thoroughly enjoy my experience.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I remember reading this waaaay back when ago. Like, when the first chapter got translated back when I was in High School.

I think one of my favorite aspects about this manga is the fact that even when I took a break from reading manga, everytime I hopped back into it, it was easy to get back into. Not that many deep plots going on, just one movie parody/genre trope after another... AND PROVING THAT GORI-SEN CAN SOLO ALL OF FICTION (and give you a life lesson while he's at it. What a good teacher ^^)

One thing I do wanna say is how I liked the side characters as much as I do Gori-sen. Like, 8/10 times, I'm just here for the titular character. But honestly the way this manga just made all the encounters reevaluate their life choices was just fun. (Adding on rq, I like how we also see what happened afterwards). Also the student group was fun, I liked their funny little friend group lmao

Honestly, I can see this as one of the manga I'll come back every so often to re-read.

Dex-chan lover
That was a fun series. I think it used up all its ideas and knew when it was time to bow out. Much respect to the creator.

This was a fun read. until next time. Gori-Sen, throughout the heavens and earth, you alone are the not the one who dies first.

Users who are viewing this thread