Gourmet Gaming - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

Aggregator gang
That look in the beginning, bro he's eyeing your ASS-ets! Look at that suspicious SPEAR! 🤣
Sorry, I can't help myself. *facepalm* I'll see myself out.

Aggregator gang
That look in the beginning, bro he's eyeing your ASS-ets! Look at that suspicious SPEAR! 🤣
Sorry, I can't help myself. *facepalm* I'll see myself out.

Fed-Kun's army
Dude dont mess up with breadddd or u will receive divine punishment

Group Leader
The guy with the spear was originally a burgundy hair fellow now a gray hair fellow owns the spear. Monsters keep seeping through to attack the mage 🤔 , MC doing a perfect job as a rear support, he’s performing his role perfectly yet the guy snaps, need I say more🕵️‍♂️ .

To those that don’t know the current teams disposition is vanguard, in the rear is the mage, MC protects the mage.

This is a great strategy if the main damage dealer is the mage. Either way the mage needs to be protected since their the most physically weak.

@WarringChamp "yet the guy snaps" Yeah, not like the guy explained WHY he snapped. It's not like Min Hyuk did one thing one time.

Let me be clear. I do think that the author is going to go the cheap route of the spear-wielder being the bad guy who just lures people to get their equipment. That doesn't mean that he's wrong about Min Hyuk. Min Hyuk was literally just eating the entire time. Then, on the one occasion that an ant gets through and Min Hyuk does anything other than eating, the mage was the one who snapped at the spear-wielder, Roy. You're just ignoring that she was the one who snapped at him first.

If he is being completely honest, then yes, Min Hyuk does look like a bad guy to anyone else who is not a reader of this series. He hasn't explained anything. And yet, the author is just going to have the spear-wielder be the bad guy because MC auto good guy. Like, imagine this were real, and you just saw a VRMMO player constantly eating when everyone else in the entire game is focused on fighting and otherwise playing the game. Would you think oh, he must have a disease and actually have a deep appreciation of food because he otherwise can't eat? Is that what you're going to think? Or would you get a bit pissed at him?

Fed-Kun's army
Obvious dude was a PKer. He either drags monsters to do the dirty work or even possibly does it himself when that fails.

No one OFFERS to carry others free of charge, unless you're actually a really nice person or they're your friends irl.

He was eyeing the rares. Spear was looted from someone he PKed reason MC recognized it.

Besides all THAT. MC has a legit mental disorder, he doesn't care for anything but food. He will do anything just to eat. So even if dude asked nice, he'd refuse OR ignore him entirely. Smacking the food out was a dick move. The dude was angry because he saved the mage.

Double-page supporter
Oh, dude, you dead. And I get the feeling he's a PKer.

@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv Nah, as long as it wouldn't actually hurt the party (as in, he does what he's supposed to in cases where others fail, like this MC did), I wouldn't care. Been in a party with someone like that (thought granted they weren't eating constantly) in both lotro and wow. Haven't been in a situation where the party would blame me like in this chapter, however it's probably because I'm not attempting to get my party killed to steal anything from them, so I generally thank them asap.

Double-page supporter
Mcs a leecher and didn't even share the bread. Lmao

@Buffsoul Absolute. Bull. Shit. The only disorder that the MC has been said to have is bulimia. Let's put aside the fact that the description in this series does not actually match the real world definition. That is what the author explicitly chose him to have.

The problem is that you expect the other character, Roy, to know ANYTHING about the MC. Am I saying that the MC should've told him? No, I'm not saying that at all. It could be embarrassing. Whatever. The problem is that even if you don't expect the MC to tell Roy he has a condition, REGARDLESS, you can't expect Roy to know if he literally had no way of knowing. They're playing a VRMMO where EVERYONE ELSE is playing the game to battle, to level up, to complete quests, etc., etc. There is no expectation that food is important for anyone. It is just one aspect of realism. You don't see other people marveling at the air even though that's another aspect of realism. You don't see other people taking pleasure in being able to move their body even though that's also another aspect of the realism. There could be other people who have medical conditions that prevent them from enjoying those things in real life. That doesn't mean that there's any reason for a "normal" player to expect any of that. Him slapping the food out of Min Hyuk's hand means NOTHING to almost anyone else. You're forcing your expectations as a reader onto a character in the story. Do I think that it was uncalled for? Yes. That doesn't mean it was such a horrible thing to do.

And you're missing a clear and obvious explanation. You can't do the quest without a party. Let me be clear. I do agree that the author is making the character look like scum. I'm saying that if he were being honest, it's not unrealistic. He could offer to carry people because he needs a party. Maybe there's a minimum for a party. Maybe there's a minimum party amount for this quest specifically. Maybe bigger parties get bigger rewards. There are a lot of reasonable explanations.

@Siikalahna So you're putting your personal experiences and expectations onto the character. As I've said elsewhere, there is no expectation that food is of any importance at all beyond the base minimum satiety. IF Roy is telling the truth, then yes, Min Hyuk is being a bad guy. Again, yes, I expect that the author is taking the cheap route and making him a PKer. That's not the point. That's ignoring the fact that Min Hyuk is still not being reasonable either.

Blaming someone else for being unable to keep his word then being disrespectful and actually slapping food away from someone eating, tsk

Go MC go give him what he deserves for wasting your food!!!

Dex-chan lover
He has no idea how precious food is. He never starved before, he has no right to do that.

Fed-Kun's army
Lmao MC is looking like a real piece of shit this arc. Having to listen to someone eat nonstop while standing off in the corner, doing nothing except attacking one enemy (wow, one whole enemy) and refusing to even share his enormous amount of food with the people doing the work for him... I hope he never joins another party again, dude is a selfish dick, "disorder" or not.

@jimmyclear If you were playing the newest VRMMO game that explicitly costs a crap ton of money for, at the very least, a capsule machine, let alone whatever subscription fee you have to play for the game, then would you expect a random player to have any issues with being able to get food to eat? Like it or not, everyone, absolutely everywhere, lives with some expectations, some biases, some prejudices. Some of those make sense, are reasonable. It's when they're not reasonable biases that criticism makes sense.

They've been in the dungeon for at least a while. Min Hyuk hasn't explained anything. Again, I'm not expecting Min Hyuk to explain his rare condition that causes him great shame and sadness. However, that means you shouldn't expect Roy, the bad guy, to expect anything either because he's not a reader of this series and has no way of knowing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread