Gourmet Gaming - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Aggregator gang
LOL AT THE FUCKING SLIM BODY PART AND THE TRAINER'S FACE AFTERWARDS

Looks like our MC is pretty OP if he's at the top of the leaderboards all the time

glad TL gave information about bulimia in this setting vs irl, as well as what characterizes this disorder MC really does have. having bulimia nervosa myself, i don't actually feel really offended at all, since i'm pretty sure author didn't have any bad intentions and instead used the wrong word.

It would be nice if we could replace the term "bulimia" in this instance with "ED (eating disorder)" and just give specifics. Thank you for addressing this TL-san!

Also, gentle reminder for IRL, that we tend to have preconceived notions about what a specific illness should look like. And it's wrong to invalidate someone's experience if they don't conform to our expectations.

I think it's cool that the author is addressing ED, in a MALE. And honestly portraying him as a really strong individual who is trying his hardest to help himself. Last time I read a manga about anorexia, it turned into a sex thing. And that was...ugh.

I think it’s already been discussed but I wanted to express it myself for my own benefit. The APa definition of Belimia is characterised by binge eating then purging while a binge eating disorder is closer to what is described in his story. Both are horrible and can have severe health risks on top of the mental health concerns.

I think I might just read up on my ED notes since I’m now realizing how little I actually remember 😅

aa author. or os it the translators? anyway, i think it would've been more appropriate to use binging than bulimia haha. TT TT this is lowkey triggering but I want to know the story ack. Just... don't misuse the disorders

Meo

Double-page supporter
Bulimia is a condition where people will eat and then cause themselves to throw up.

This guy's problem is binge eating.

just confused since Translator highlighted Fasting and Over-exercising as his points. Unless i missed something i didnt see something indicating that he fast. But he has been eating everyday.
and it state that the over-exercising is for after eating. in this case he exercises first then eats so it doesnt really fit.
It cool if you wanna raise awareness for eating disorder but like you said its a fictional disease and i dont think it have common things with bulimia nervosa

To be honest, using Binge Eating Aplasia or just Binge Eating like the korean version is better than changing to what you think it should be. As a psychologist, I can assure you that. Because something like this isn't shouldn't be up to opinion. It's a fictional disorder, so keep it fictional.

Dex-chan lover
Bulimia: Morbidly voracious appetite; a disease in which the patient has a constant and insatiable craving for food.
That is literally one of the definitions of Bulimia.

technically bulima actually does actually match his condition, this is the definition of bulimia
Bulimia nervosa, also known as simply bulimia, is an eating disorder characterized by binge eating followed by purging. Binge eating refers to eating a large amount of food in a short amount of time. Purging refers to the attempts to get rid of the food consumed
, purging means
Purging disorder is an eating disorder that involves “purging” behavior to induce weight loss or manipulate body shape. Purging can mean a number of things, including: self-induced vomiting. misuse of laxatives or medications. excessive exercise.
From what I have seen from the MC is that he does excessive exercise, so he actually can fit into the Bulima category, purging does not mean solely throwing it up, or getting medication.

Users who are viewing this thread