Gourmet Gaming - Vol. 1 Ch. 34 - Hyemin

So MC's problem is that he has a disorder where he constantly suffers from hunger and has to keep eating, which is greatly affecting his health. He's in the game because the food there simulates actual eating, which, while it doesn't fill him up in the least (since he's not actually eating anything) the fact that it feels like he's eating can satiate his hunger and cravings.

For her, it looks like she physically can't eat food without pain and vomiting. I understand she's there to try and get over her fear of eating because of that, but even if she does get over it, wouldn't her problem still persist? How would this help alleviate the problem of pain and vomiting when she eats? She's going to continue to starve to death since the food in the game isn't real. I'm sure it'll explain more as it goes on, but unless I'm missing something (which is totally possible) I'm not sure I understand the benefit her her using the game.

It's because their issues are psychological. Her pains and vomiting are her brain telling her NO. Using a game where your brain can THINK it's eating without actually putting anything in your belly is a way of conditioning in the case of her. So they're doing it to get her used to eating so she can eat outside the game because her brain doesn't see it as bad anymore.

@Guytsu It's very likely that she doesn't have the sickness anymore, but she kept an aversion to food from the sickness. Otherwise, it really wouldn't make any sense for her to eat if she's in pain and vomiting.

It seems to me the implication is that her difficulty eating food is caused by the nausea induced by chemotherapy - see, hospital gown, hair falling out, "after effect of the disease" - that subsequently resulted in an eating disorder @Guytsu @Slayride

So it is psychological, then. Thank you, I wasn't entirely sure with the way they were explaining things. I wasn't sure if she still had the disease or if her current disorder is a direct psychological effect left over from after it was treated. I definitely missed something when reading the chapter if it was explained clearly.

Fed-Kun's army
"You're finally eating! I'm so happy!"
**sees his daughter swallowing gallons of sauce -filled kimrice in a hotel**
What a cuck.

Double-page supporter
@TrippyDreamEater not really, but kinda. Both are collections of many groups translations but Mangadex gives the translation groups control over their releases with the option to even remove it while aggregator sites rip the content off of other sites without permission or the ability to take it down.

Supporter
Weird. From the backstory given 2 chapters ago I was sure Hyemin was an npc.

Dex-chan lover
Double cry!
The last page and the credit page 😭😭

Final Panel: "then they stole this manwa on us"

Okay, the dubious phrasing (ie, "on us") aside, the appropriate statement would be "stole this translation", as the translation team presumably doesn't have the rights to the manwa, nor are in a position where they could reasonably criticize such "theft". Side-note, if we're going by proper [legal/dictionary] definitions, theft requires the actual removal of the original element from the source to be classified as theft [ie, theft takes something away from someone else], so to be accurate it'd be referred to as exploitation or infringement instead. Backing up a step, it's just bizarre for someone who is themself engaging in "theft" [read: unauthorized reproduction, which falls under copyright infringement rather than theft] to criticize someone else for it.

All the moreso when they're (unintentionally, presumably) claiming rights to the work they've infringed, when discussing someone else infringing upon their reproduction. Not meaning any implications towards the translator from that, just saying it's really a head-scratching statement, as it's presented. In other words, I'm just poking at the phrasing and presentation for being so weird, rather than at any of the sentiments or actions of the translator- rather, it seems reasonable to me for them to have some say. Or to put it more clearly, I'm saying it's fine for them to decry unauthorized reproduction of their translation, but their current phrasing kind of undermines the legitimacy of them having any right to make such argument. :p

Again, not at all intending to argue the ethics of the matter, just pointing out flaws in the vocabulary and logic.

its kinda hard to tell who is a player and who is an NPC in this... maybe thats the point? idk, still feels a bit odd

You also stole this from the author bruv. And you distribute it for free for everyone. Not that I'm complaining.

LOL WTF she literally physically cannot eat food... good idea to get her to eat in VR!!! XD as her body slowly dies off in real life.

oh and if its from chemo... like marijuana

is mangadex considered an aggregate site? but like the scanlaters themselves post it on here do they not?

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea how to tell whether someone is an NPC or not... Also, Mangadex is not an aggregator site. It's more like a self-publish library. After all, PMScans is the one that posted this chapter here on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread