Grand Dwarf - Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
 sigh
That felt kind of disappointing. Not sure how to articulate this properly, but it just feels too early for such a Big Bad to be facing the group this early in the story. Especially when the last one was only a few chapters ago.

Dex-chan lover
I'm know the pacing is wonky, but I'm just glad to see Pip and Frau being so ready to fight. Good to see them fully confident.

Dex-chan lover
As much as the story's pacing is all over the place, this chapter is the very definition of "All right lads let's fucking GO"

Dex-chan lover
It appears that the art style is not the only thing that is retro. They decided to also copy the ancient trope's of villain monologue clichés. The bad guy shows up, explains in detail his master plan, and admits that EVERYTHING that has happened up to that point was his doing. There is no way that this is just a plot device to wrap things up in a neat little bow latter.

Dex-chan lover
If exposition would be a chapter...

Man, how have they not learned that if u want to do exposition you do it midfight with quick exchanges. No one wants a chapter full of exposition, it's lame n boring

Dex-chan lover
there’s a lot less smithing and manufacturing in this story then I thought there’d be

Dex-chan lover
So....i didn't read this manga for 3 chapters...since i wanted to binge the arc

Now that i read 3 chapters i can certainly say that i still don't know what the fuck is going on

Supporter
This might wind up being another "decent concept wasted." Going to give it another chapter or two and if it doesn't get interesting again, it's dropped. At least it didn't devolve into a cooking manga.

Users who are viewing this thread