Guild no Cheat na Uketsukejou

Concept of this story is really good and original, but author totally wasted it on this shit. I fully understand that low rating.

T__

is there a back story or more explanation in the novel or is this all we get?

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, even the translation taken out, the mediocre art and the total nonsense story considered the 5.8 is totally okay (Well, if we would really go for a accurate number 6 would be "Fine", so it would more fit to "4 Bad", but well.)

@MushyMushy it's rated so low because there isn't any exposition or context. With either, it would be above your average shitty isekai, but instead we are left hanging and confused

I really appreciate the story and the translators hard work. The Genderswitch dont bring anything except a too quick explenation of the powers. It would have been nice to know how the main character ended up where they are working though. Thank you to the translator and I hope the negativity won't get to you.

It’s an ok story but it kinda gets boring half the time.

Though couple months late, hoping next one gets translated. It’s an ok read with a little boredom though lmao.

I enjoy this story, the genderswap isekai element seems uneeded and actually detracts from what otherwise would be a fun story about a cute girl

Chapter 11: The author/protagonist is hypocritical or racist against people.
She doesn't care if people get hurt because of her inaction, and she doesn't care if she has to kill people who were going to harm people.
But she's perfectly fine with monsters killing people? A person goes out of line and threatens someone's life, they should die? But a monster threatens peoples lives then it's their own fault if they fail to kill it first?

I just dumped some criticism, but overall people seem to be overly harsh on this and so it seems it was probably canceled without an update for 2 years?

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Skimming some of the comments seems like a lot of hate but I find it refreshing to see a different take from the usual. In many cases the MC is OP but isn't really prevented from running around changing the future of the world. I can rather appreciate a case where the MC seemingly has the power to do literally anything but binds themselves to not interfere too much due to the consequences. I think the premise is actually quite clever to tie into their role as the guild receptionist rather than a proper adventurer, as they can still guide the 'real' residents of the world to fight for their own best future. I can sympathize with the frustration someone with that job must have trying to guide people but being unable to always prevent poor decisions or other types of self destruction.

I should note that I only started this recently so I may be more satisfied having a slightly complete picture than some of the earlier posts where fewer chapters were out at the time.

Double-page supporter
Well the series is marked as completed now, so I can say with some confidence that it is a bit disappointing. I don't dislike the concept at all but the entire thing is set up like a prequel or background worldbuilding for another series. There was some action but it was more of a teaser than anything, for a main course that never came.

Dex-chan lover
Now that this manga is finished, I can say exactly two things positive about it: One is that I actually do like the art style, particularly that they're not ashamed to have noses and I like the detail on the clothes.

Two... it made me feel good about myself for about thirty seconds, when I realized my favorite genre theme (genderswap/TSF) now has enough bank that it's worth having a bait and switch. Because I got some serious metaphorical blue balls waiting to see a flashback or something to show the main character adjusting to their change.

But it's like what everyone else said -- the story has interesting ideas, but it's executed horribly. It jumps all over the place with none of the dialogue sounding natural. You can switch who is saying what in a lot of scenes and have it read almost exactly the same way. It's like Chandler's whole "when in doubt, have a man come in waving a gun". The story just never slows down enough to let characters have meaningful psychology or pathos that would make any of the dialogue meaningful. Our investment is presumed, not earned.

The ending also comes very abruptly, usually the telltale sign of axe though in this case it might be a mercy kill.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dude why people absolutely hate this when it's not the fault of the author. The original novel was good, the early chapter was also good, but sadly it fall victim of compression and rushing the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is boring ....

Why Isekai? If she never used her knowledge, because the cheat skill? To be outsider?
Why Gender Swap? Why?

There are mangas Goblin Slayer, DanMachi, Konosuba, where there is a episode focused in the guild recepcionist more interesting that this whole manga =/

And the bigger why, Why this manga has 8vol and wasnot axed at 3vol?

Usually a manga has this structure
  • Chapter 1, booom!!!
  • Chapter2 or ending vol1, explain about this story and this is your mission
  • Ending vol3, congrats, you finished the tutorial boss and now appears the true boss
  • Ending vol6, finishing the 1st Arc (tournament, school, party meet, etc)
  • Ending vol12, Finishing the 2nd Arc and first boss
Is very common, and I like it, but this manga is a chaos, there isnt a epic objetive, isnt a slice of life fun, there is a huge flashback, why, How and what is doing Illya is only showed in the last chapter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread