Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei shitara, Gendai Heiki de Guntai Harem wo Tsukucchaimashita!?

Fed-Kun's army
@1pwn
i like gate =( and this is significantly worst gate gates art could be better but i could reread gate again and be satisfied ... i cant read much of this

I tried reading this manga cause it has a gun otaku mc and I like guns, but holy shit its bad. Like, the readers that say the pros of this manga is its a gun manga, well even the guns are bad. For a self proclaimed gun otaku, the mc doesnt know shit about guns.

"smokeless gunpower doesn't have a smell when burnt"

Its smokeless, not scentless you idiot sandwich. There were also questionable choice of guns (you can make an ak but you chose to arm your waifu with a friggin revolver instead of, i dont know, maybe a semi auto pistol?) and several errors in the design (a triangle folding stock for an ak47 was never factory built iirc. Whats more, its not even an akm judging by its milled steel receiver as indicated by the mill cut above the magwell. Also whats with the hump on the stock? only the fixed stock has that hump.).

I read a few trash mangas and if there's an element I like, I would still continue reading it (like redo healer. I like the revenge trope... Also tits). But I didnt even finish chapter 1 and I just cant continue it. If you're gonna make your mc a gun otaku, then do some research on actual guns not on tokyo marui stuff (its a good brand though). Or at least get an artist that actually knows guns.

To those who have read all of what I wrote, keep in mind the errors that I pointed out are found in chapter 1. I could not continue reading it any further, so I do not know if those errors will get rectified in other chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@CottonLioness It's a good thing you dropped this early. This manga gets worse through time, plot is janky, the art is just unforgivably off-puting (titties look like marshmallows smushed into whatever), the Male Lead remains a dumb basterd and I regret ever giving this a second chance after pushing through chapter 10.
The only good thing I got from reading this manga is disparaging it whenever it comes to memory.

If you have any knowledge of firearms DO NOT read this i repeat DO NOT read this, the depiction of firearms is real bad mainly with the weapon choice the mc decides to make at first it made since to do a revolver its simple and he cant afford to make anything to complicated then he just decides to make an ak without changing out his side arm to a semi-auto then later for whatever reason he decides to make a panzerfaust as a weapon to deal with armored enemies a disposable "rocket launcher" not only that he just gives no shits about back-blast as he fires it. The writer should have picked more practical stuff that actually made sense instead of oh revolvers are cool, the panzerfaust is cool.

y'all complaining about gun accuracy it's a fucking manga. idk what you expected but don't get so riled up over it like damn

Dex-chan lover
man the art is fuckin stiff as a board. 4/10 droppin it. The premise itself is ok, not a lotta gun centric fantasy series out there after all, but it isn't making the most out of it and with such lacking art and dialogue its really only detrimental. Gun isekai is weirdly a super niche category, I wish more could be done with the concept, especially if a die hard gun nerd wrote one. Imagine the devotion to detail from "desert punk" and "jormangand" combined with a heavy fantasy setting. "Drifters" does it pretty interestingly (but god knows when the author is gonna feel like making another chapter of that lol) and that reincarnated assassin one (fuck if im gonna remember a lengthy title like that one has) has fun action sequences.

Double-page supporter
man the art is fuckin stiff as a board. 4/10 droppin it. The premise itself is ok, not a lotta gun centric fantasy series out there after all, but it isn't making the most out of it and with such lacking art and dialogue its really only detrimental. Gun isekai is weirdly a super niche category, I wish more could be done with the concept, especially if a die hard gun nerd wrote one. Imagine the devotion to detail from "desert punk" and "jormangand" combined with a heavy fantasy setting. "Drifters" does it pretty interestingly (but god knows when the author is gonna feel like making another chapter of that lol) and that reincarnated assassin one (fuck if im gonna remember a lengthy title like that one has) has fun action sequences.
Yeah, honestly I'm somewhat reading "Manuke na FPS Player ga Isekai e Ochita Baai" and "Summoned Japan" and tbh maybe none of them is perfect, maybe none of them are pure gun centric (altough both having and using them heavily) but both of them feels... better somehow. This title is more like wet fart fantasy where "guns" were slapped into in the very end of thought process just to check out the "quirk" position in todo list.

reads first 10 chapters
"Oh cool. The author is going to avoid a harem by hitching up the MC with his first and only love interest.

reads next 10 chapters
"Never mind."

This manga has been one hell of a guilty pleasure of mine. It's horrible. Like bad but I can't stop reading it. It makes me wonder if the reason it still gets translated is because the team feels the same way. Anyway stopped at 67 might come back later when I'm contemplating why better or more promising stuff hasn't gotten past ch4 since 2019 while this passed 70.

Users who are viewing this thread