Gyaru Maid to Akuyaku Reijou ~Ojou-sama no Happy End shika Katan!~ - Ch. 1 - I Met Your Smile

Dex-chan lover
Me:… I love you.
Translator:….wha-
Me: I love your translation.

Dex-chan lover
Promising start. She's about to go yandere route instead 😂

Dex-chan lover
Why did they have to make it gay can we not have for once a story like this were they are just friends I don't want they to be romance of that kind. this story seemed interesting since it's a very different type of main character you usually get in this sort of story but by the look of the end of the chapter it seems to be adding yandera stuff to a girl who by all means should not be getting jealous over a maid. also for once can we have a villainess who is in-fact evil and not just misunderstood
I'm surprised you read this far into yuri, with a yuri title, and had to share your confusion that a repressed noble girl developed feelings. Otome isekai is mainly a romance subgenre, with romance tropes and situations like the engagements where family and individual desires clash, or how emotions flare up inconveniently in everyone regardless of class when it seems they "by all means should not be" acknowledged. The most obvious relationship usually becomes romantic. "why did they have to make it gay" between the two MCs is either super tone deaf or an insult, especially in a romance genre.

Giving you some benefit of the doubt, you'll find whatever you want in r/otomeisekai threads. Plenty of butler and assistant love interests fwiw. There's discussons of strong non-romantic friendships, cruel villainess protagonists, and outright irredeemable villainesses (mostly antagonists). I'm not sure about gyaru but there must be some similarly cheery MCs. The subgenre is so oversaturated across multiple languages and formats you'll have options.

Better yet look up non-otome fantasy with female protagonists. Best yet, make peace with lesbian otome using good concepts and don't complain in comments.

Another day, another villainess yuri manga to bookmark...

What a time to be alive

Dex-chan lover
oh yes will be reading this not to mention its yuri also so makes it even better

Double-page supporter
Tbh as generic as it can get but...
Gyaru Isekai Yuri? WELL COUNT ME IN!

Users who are viewing this thread