Office worker yuri is peak though. My favorite is of course My Dearest Nemesis with it's Tsundere X Stoneface, and of course Xian Juns other work is amazing too, but there's so many possibilities! Of course you can mirror tropes from younger couplings like first love or discovering sexual preference. But it's also reflects this rich depth of experiences that adults can have. Even something as simple as an aquarium date can have new implications by taking place on a business trip! Speaking of which, brand new scenarios are introduced like sharing a hotel room, coordinating on a project, touring work locations together, staying late at the company together... And of course you can't forget all the pairing opportunities! You've got newbie x veteran, social butterfly x serious worker, rival company bosses, secretary x boss (toxic power harassment oh my!) Old hand x new owner, second generation heirs with an arrangement between their families.......
Seeing the "Oh, wait, R18 is still a little too soon for me, so I'll leave that part out." I'm guessing she's just trying to play the good girl.Back in my day, we had the guts to lie to 18+ sites right in the face. What is wrong with this generation?
Oh! Speaking of second-generation heirs, children of new money if you didn't know, they're often like villainesses in romance fantasy. Now I like villainesses, don't get me wrong, but I often find villainess reincarnation stories end up villainizing the original heroine. Sometimes it just feels like they swap the name labels, and it kind of ends up like the story is rooting against the underdog... That's part of why I much prefer villainess x heroine yuri instead! It synthesizes the appealing parts of the classic villainess with the appealing characteristics of the classic heroine and sweetens it with a yuri coating. and that's barely getting into how it remixes classic class difference romance storylines. That scene where the heroine is mocked for being a social climber and is about to leave the party in tears, only for the villainess to swoop in and put her reputation on the line to defend her lover. Classic face-slapping moment! And yeah, it ties right back into my favorite: Enemies to Lovers. God I love Enemies to Lovers, there's so much potential. It harnesses the intense passion of a deep rivalry, but ties it even deeper with a romantic bond forged by their struggle! You can tell how much I love it by how often it featured in pairs I mentioned before, but there's also gyaru X disciplinary head, exes reunited, Top student rivalries, Corporate climber competition, villainess X villainess, magical girl x dark magical girl...Dont be shy. Keep going.