H.P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu - Ch. 7 - Great Old Ones

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for completing this translation. So the mangaka decided not to include some parts of Johanssen's narration? In the original one of the most powerful passages was, "The Thing cannot be described - there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order. A mountain walked or stumbled."

Seems like the mangaka decided to not include this or depict Cthulhu at that scale.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for completing this translation. So the mangaka decided not to include some parts of Johanssen's narration? In the original one of the most powerful passages was, "The Thing cannot be described - there is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy, such eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order. A mountain walked or stumbled."

Seems like the mangaka decided to not include this or depict Cthulhu at that scale.
Thats a good point, but in a visual medium I think that description might have been superfluous--the last couple of pages with Cthulhu dominating cities fallen to utter chaos conveys it well enough.

Aside from that, thanks very much for the translations Cyan Steam.

Thanks for the chapter!
I've been a fan of Lovecraftian stuff since playing the 1st Persona game back in the day and I think this was a pretty damn good adaption. The art especially was absolutely gorgeous! Loved the last few spreads.

Users who are viewing this thread