Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - Vol. 8 Ch. 46 - The Melancholy of The Baumeister Family

@sherlock0790 At some point, he probably could be trusted, but once the town's condition had deteriorated, pretty sure most people's loyalties would sway in favor of having someone else with better talents at the head.

Dex-chan lover
So are all THREE of them corrupt? The brother, the father, and Klaus?
It kinda feels like the family should get their nobility revoked. The decent ones have already gone out and gotten their own grounding and power, so they won't be affected.

Dex-chan lover
@RigobertoParedesin the WN he was a paranoid dick. He thought he's younger brother who was under 12 was trying to steal his wife because she enjoyed having conversations with Wen. He's always had a screw loose. The father is just trying to keep the territory afloat without breaking the laws of succession set by the kingdom. The WN goes into much more detail about this, WAY TOO MUCH more.

Dex-chan lover
Reading through the comments it's clear the mistranslation has confused a lot. Go read the novel and see how fucked u0 Kurt's thinking was. Father wasn't the problem but he didn't help any either. Honesty he's just kinda there. 🤷‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
@Eunieberry admittedly it's been a while. I stopped reading because of hipow redundant the author's writing is. It was so aggravating and hurt to read. Sorry. :(

This chapter did a lot to make the older brother seem more sympathetic, but my only takeaway from it is that the father was willing to let the people under his rule starve if it meant preserving the eldest son's reputation.

I actually put most of this off on his father now, honestly. The older brother wants to inherit. Wendelin doesn't. The King wants Wendelin to develop the Baumeister estate and turn it into something worthwhile. The older brother wants Wendelin to develop and improve the Baumeister estate with his magic. Cool. So if the two of them worked together, everyone could get what they wanted. But they won't work together, even though the older brother suggested it, because the father shot that idea down and spun the situation in a way that expressly set the siblings against one another.

So as far as I'm concerned, everything that happens next is on their father.

So to sum it up, Eldest Brother has a big, BIG inveriority complex huh?

Dex-chan lover
Jealousy would become such a thing endangering oneself to an unknown predicament over time like this.
He didnt even realizes himself that he spent so much time pondering to secure himself the vote of confidence of the populace for him to remain the sole heir of the house.
Nonetheless, time will pass by, he will not be productive at all while feeling jealous and having himself worth smaller and smaller while Wendelin's worth will become bigger and bigger...

This is the problem of an AVERAGE GUY, even among us, who do not possess such a passive "take action" attitude, but like of an average salary workers.
The guys who had "take action" attitude are the ones who had businesses in life, but the average guy was employed and was given task.
This big brother is an average office worker at all and put into the CEO position...

Dex-chan lover
I guess the news that he created a new house with a higher rank never reached him, or he wouldn't have worried so much

@jagfanbb
Reading through the comments it's clear the mistranslation has confused a lot. Go read the novel and see how fucked u0 Kurt's thinking was. Father wasn't the problem but he didn't help any either. Honesty he's just kinda there.
LN's often change some things from WN's, and manga adaptations follow LN's usually. Here, we see that older brother wasn't as much asshole at the beginning, and it's mostly his father's fault in everything going wrong. Better translation would make it more clear I believe.

Dex-chan lover
Kurt is the token "mediocre" person. He's not smart, his ability with the sword is decent but not great, and the only thing he has going is being the eldest son. The father is an extremely conservative person ( or a coward also works) that would rather let his territory fall to ruin than let something change under his rule.

As such, when Wendelin starts rising in capital, they becomes more and more embittered. The thing both him and his father don't see is that Wend would never stay permanently on their territory. They're too small to notice that Wend is already much bigger than them.

The Baumesteirs are a small, petty household with a small, petty mindset. In previous chapters, it is show the margrave (the superior of the Baumeisters) and his other subordinate houses look down on the Baumesteirs, and it is with good reason. They're not politically savvy to make allies, and they're not successful to get people to acknowledge them. They're poor, and they're reclusive. So outside of the taxes they send to the margrave, they might as well don't exist.

Double-page supporter
Brah, I forgot everything about this manga. Had to do some rereading. And ah. I see. So the MC was right that his brother would be glad to hear he was dead. That's sad.

Thanks for the update!

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was a underrated character development for the eldest son. He could have thought of a better solution but traditions and pride tend to blind their real responsibilities. Only leaving with doubt and fear of what the future may come.

Group Leader
Feels super weird even trying to say something like his mother is younger than his older brother by 1 year. It's the same as saying his older brother is old enough to be his father; his father is old enough to be his grandfather; and his mother is young enough to be his father's own daughter. Very gross. The horny dad needs to learn to keep it in his pants...he's just as bad as his eldest son. I guess the first apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Something seems off about that scene with Klaus. At first, it makes it seem like he's a creepy old dude as well with a younger wife, but then the next shot has father's arm wrapped around the same woman? Was she actually Kaus' daughter given away as a mistress to the father? That would make more sense to me, given how the father may as well be a reincarnated Epstein that should have been taken to the veterinarian to get neutered, or just let a goat have a snack.

Dex-chan lover
That's weird. I seem to recalled that Artur has two women important to him, his wife Johanna and mistress Leila. Johanna gave birth to six sons while Leila gave birth to two sons and two daughters.

Wendelin and Kurt shared the same mother, Johanna. So it's very weird that this chapter claims Wendelin doesn't share the same mother as Kurt but by another woman whose not Leila.

Dex-chan lover
All this for him learn that his brother already started his own branch of the family and has no ties to that land anymore, has amassed so much money that the kingdom has to pay in installments over 20 years and not a dyme will go to their branch.

Users who are viewing this thread