Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 5 Ch. 35 - Hunter of Justice

Dex-chan lover
Strangely, when I read raws, it seemed to me that this chapter is not at the end of the volume, but somewhere in the middle. Perhaps Rui-sensei just adds the most fanservice chapters at the beginning of each volume to catch the eye. Anyway, thanks for the chapter! It's strange to admit it, but chapters with martial arts and pure violence can be called respites in such a manga, lol.

Dex-chan lover
By the way, if Mika's "alternativeness" seems obvious, I don't agree that all shared characters are completely alternative. Some characters literally repeat most of their features to the smallest detail (Cynthia, Akira), while the appearance of some doesn't strongly contradict their original works. It all depends on how fantastic their original work is and how much the plot requires a change in their personality and life. For example, Akira has mostly become more gay-ish and her manager more offensive, but overall they remain the same characters.

@Santichai Just this? This whole manga is so inspired by Baki that fans are literally calling the next arc Yuri Baki, lol.

I will be honest: I don't really read this manga, I just quickly scroll through the chapter to see how fucked up degenerate absurd it gets and then read the translation notes at the end.

90% of the stuff that is common in japanese media and seems totally weird from a western point of view (especially all the idol and high school centric stuff) never gets explained properly. Just pointing to a wikipedia article usually helps, but you go out of your way to explain everything in a funny, compelling and believable way.

It is truly fascinating to me how much background knowledge it requires to completely understand and appreciate this manga. Thank you!

I am perpetually fascinated by weird online communities, so a forum about people sharing their 'massage'-experiences fits quite well into my view of how fucked up people are on the internet. Reminds me how on Thothub (site that recently got shut down for sharing all the Twitch Thot's Onlyfans pictures) there was a subforum where simps posted highly sophisticated and detailed reviews of Onlyfans subscriptions. Quite funny how, on the one hand, they shared all the content that the subscription provided them, but on the other hand they still advertised paying 35$ bucks to support them. A bit like pirates downloading games or movies to try them out, just to pay for them if they like them, I guess?

Dex-chan lover
Hot damn, I clicked this chapter on accident and though that this was another trashy manga but that beat down was glorious

Mainstream anime girls wishes they had the swagger of this gal here

Dex-chan lover
@Saltyslug5561 Why? She literally beat up two abusive guys and punished the dude who harassed her in the past. She is far from the most toxic female character in this manga.

@Myorn I think this kind of thing is basically just a formal way to reduce legal nuances. As in those cases when people publicly insult someone and say that this is their personal evaluative opinion. But otherwise yeah, without Odoritomaki's notes, this manga would be too Japan-focused.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the translation and the very extensive tl notes! They are very appreciated as always.

Users who are viewing this thread