Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 8 Ch. 52 - If You Love Me The Strongest

Dex-chan lover
Meh, I hope this bikini-guy won't show up too often. I was perfectly comfortable with most characters being female so adding more male characters isn't what I was looking for.

Dex-chan lover
@Ovdose The next one chapter will be
devoted entirely to her dick
. Otherwise, they did not receive any noticeable attention other than the tournament fight of Nagisa and their appearances as "this two girls" as side kohai characters.

Dex-chan lover
@Thelilwitch I draw the line when my hobbies ( be it gaming, anime, manga movie and the likes) that I loved for more than a decade get infiltrated, bastardize and weaponized, by people that bascially don't even give a shit for the actual hobbies. I don't mean that as a personal attack but America ( or more precisely an aggressive and radical minority) is trying to bend manga/ anime to their will, to to force their subjectiv and irrational morals on another cultures and I won't stand for it.

To the people complaining about why the mangaka didn't use otokonoko--which clearly describes the character better than okama--and instead went for okama: the former is a new word, the latter was the one popular in the 80s and Rui is old like that.

That's why he'd use "fag" instead of "femme boy."

Also, anyone (by this I mean Japanese people) nowadays considers otokonoko as females and they always use female pronouns or make them talk with a very feminine speech pattern, which is a thing in Japanese.

Another factor of Rui being totally out of place in this is the gag where the dick gets squeezed and everyone thinks of them as a dude.

Just look at the last 200 manga about otokonoko in recent years and notice how outdated Rui's vision of them is that of a boomer.

Seeing the trans girl get referred to as a boy is a little offputting but I'll take what I can get.

@Iskarioth
Actually Japan is one of those who propped todays trannies plague. "Draw a girl and call it a boy" (like in this case) was a thing for a long time. Not to mention that they already had cultural baggage of using effeminate men as substitutes for women in 17-19 century or so.

@ugo7281

I thought "fag" is a derogatory term for gay men which had been out of fashion (i.e. the use considered extremely rude) since the mid 2000s.

And "femboy" or "femme boy" as a supplementary term for men of unspecified sexual orientation who like to dress up, crave the body type and imitate the behaviour of cute girls. The derogatory term here would afaik here be "trap", as in someone who would supposedly try to trick hetero men. And the boomer term would be "drag" or "crossdress", cause there were no other terms at that time. However, "drag" culture is much more outgoing, stage oriented and flameboyant and "crossdressing" is just the act of putting on cloths of the opposite gender.

So a boomer would use "drag", an insensitive person would use "trap" and a sensitive person would use "femboy". All of that is distinctively different from MTF trans though, as that is the term of a transitioning person who (usually) aspires to be called a woman eventually.

I don't understand why some people are feeling so strongly about this MTF character. There is no agenda pushed-- this manga isn't about trying to get people to accept trans people, although it could. The character is literally going to be a gag until she's forgotten in, like at most, three chapters.

Also, if you're one of the people who said that they're going to stop following up this manga because of the MTF character, you're literally reading this on a free site. Nothing's lost, lol. See you next chapter anyways bc I know you guys won't be able to resist.

Group Leader
@acid
Exactly, which is why I’m so confused by ppl like @iskarioth .

Like, oh no, a trans character, there must be an agenda. Half the time, I think ppl just get upset bc of their fragile sexuality. Like, I’m bi, I’ll fuck traps, lesbians, trans, dudes. I think they just don’t like the fact they’re getting hard to “fake girls” or something.

Oh well, I mean, don’t read smut with lesbian scenes if you don’t want to see the lgbtq community, even if the portrayal is usually shit (like, come on)

Whoever's managing the trans girl's hormone therapy is one hell of a doctor, and I mean it as a compliment.

Also, on one hand I really like Nagisa since she's quite unique, but on the other I'm not sure if she's a pervert, or if she's just earnest in her wish to compete in sumo on an equal ground with male fighters.

Group Leader
@lamadre

This fucking rules, thanks for posting. It didn't even occur to me to look it up. That really is a lightning K.O.

Fed-Kun's army
Westerners should not try to look at this through their own morality and just see this as entertainment as opposed to an attack on their morals. This is not subversive nor is it some moral pro-trans story. This is a comedy.

Fed-Kun's army
@Odoritomaki It is quite impressive, yeah. It's also pretty cool to see Kyokudozan's good sportsmanship and how the still groggy Kushimaumi manages to finish his part of the post-bout ritual (the kind of guts that the Japanese so admire and leave many a sportsman broken in their wake).

Thank you for the chapter and keep up the good work!

Dex-chan lover
@Odoritomaki

Yeah personally always associated okama with drag queens than anything else.

Disagree with Paul arguably being the founder. Modern Chritianity has its roots at the Council of Nicea, called by Constantine I (who was officually still the head of the Imperial Cult), where the actual canon was established, with all other remaining books as apocraphal.

So it's more accurate to say; Jesus the Christ was the Unbuilt Trope, Paul who was Saul was the Trope Namer, and Constantine and the Council were the Trope Codifiers.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation as always !!! today I learnt a lot like always

Users who are viewing this thread