Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 9 Ch. 57 - The Genius Comes at the End

Dex-chan lover
So their fight is basically tan tomboy vs pale tomboy? It's like a duel of fate, lol. Anyway, I can't help but mention the yuri-ish chapter cover, I don't know how much Rui really knows about it, but his Misora's gravure stylization continues to please the eye. If you feel like it, you can also read this as a metaphor for "black and white" fight above, lol.

Thanks for the chapter! Also, @Odoritomaki, you are talking about already volume 11 raws? Not 10 ?

Please don't tell me it's over just like that. I've been looking forward to her fight. Any way, Happy Hagure Wednesday and thanks for the chapter

Double-page supporter
Yay, I voted for Mao Mao on the first survey so I was waiting for her, given how it ended, im guessing the next chapter will start with a reversal and Mao will win

Dex-chan lover
@wyzywyx I will not say about the fight itself (spoilers and all that), but
their confrontation will not end there
, if this is so important to you.

Dex-chan lover
Oh god my eyes, I think I might die from cringe. Why do japanese insist on using foreign languages but do not do the research? It is the one thing about manga I CANNOT STAND! Be it their naming sense ( male vs female names) or just random words they throw in, but always either write them wrong or simply choose the wrong words - not to mention they never decline the words correctly when it comes to german so as a native speaker it hurts twice as much.

@Odoritomaki in the past you mentioned that a movie adaptation will be released. Have you watched it yet and if so is it as amazing as we all imagined it would be?

@Iskarioth I think it is because manga generally isn't written for foreigners in mind. Their target audience is their own locals who mostly won't be able to tell if the foreign language is poorly used. It just sounds cool to them. Do note that a lot of japanese learn english in school for years and come out unable to use it anyway. It just wasn't written for you.

Dex-chan lover
The fuck is "Kamp" supposed to mean? Most of the German does not make any sense.

Dex-chan lover
Mao Mao: "I survived 6 Burmese genocides for this?"

Lol - seems like the end, but hopefully not

Dex-chan lover
@RyouKei fair enough. Still I'd argue in todays day n age you could simply google it or ask someone on that cursed blue bird app and you'd get a solid, probably correct answer for free. At elast bigger productions should be able to do that much, especially when they are made for cinemas ( not to mention they do sell to foreign viewers nowdays with Netflix etc)

@Iskarioth

Bad foreign languages in manga is nothing new, it's why the word "Engrish" exists. If it uses the Latin alphabet they throw in some words that SOUND cool but might be complete gibberish, and if it's in other alphabets (Cyrillic is quite popular in manga) often it's just some symbols thrown in, with the author knowing full well most of their readers won't get the meaning.

I still remember that bit in the Jormungand anime where they speak Italian, I swear my brain had to shut down because it was atrocious.

-----

About the chapter.

Mao Mao must've wrestled with tigers or something to collect so many scars (also, is her right eye bad/blind?), I know lethwei is one of the bloodiest contact sports but her body's on another level (you'd think she had some close brushes with Burmese military death squads).

Also, while I voted for her in the first poll, the raws left a bad taste in my mouth. Next chapter I'll elaborate on it to avoid spoilering.

Users who are viewing this thread