Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 9 Ch. 57 - The Genius Comes at the End

Dex-chan lover
@pihip The cause of Mao Mao's scars is a spoiler, so it's best to find out for yourself for obvious reasons. But yep, like any Russian-speaking person, I never tire of scoffing at how even Hollywood films cannot properly use Cyrillic letters. This is often ridiculously stupid to the most absurd limits, for example, in the second Bourne, they simply typed his English name on a keyboard with Russian layout and said that this is what his name looks like in Russian, lol.

The longer any fight manga goes on, the more likely it will start to look like Baki.

Dex-chan lover
@EcchiT Because Baki was his main source of inspiration in general. The Beastars got the same fate when his daughter started writing action-focused arcs.

@Speilkins

Please no, Dorothea is arrogant and suicidally overconfident, but I can't imagine her debasing herself like her cousin.

... by the way, there was this other famous German who was not right in the head and was into scat play.

Dex-chan lover
@pihip @Speilkins Well, if you think the personality of stock shonen rival is something twisted, then you are definitely right to some extent, lol. But I don't know, maybe we'll get something if she becomes a returning character.

i wonder if Mao Mao is going to get an upset or something since that knockout was ambiguous

Double-page supporter
To my knowledge Munich and Montreal hosted more than one Olympics, so maybe you should check those out too. The grandfather looks old enough to have been a participant in the '30s' Munich Olympics IMO, afterall this story is happening in the late '90s and early '00s no?

Dex-chan lover
@Vengeance22 I don't know which particular note you are citing, but one of the 60s chapters cites the villain's work on Trump as the president of the United States. But that was in raws, so I could be wrong.

The German translation is a off, but only because the usage of the words is off.
Pretty sure what she means on p5 is "Wissenschaftlicher Kampf", scientific fighting or scientific battle. On p10, dissection decision is a cool translation/attack call-out/boast and it works together with "suture you up" on p13 (thoug here, the verb "nähen" would be correct). Back to p10, "Sektion Entscheidung" is borderline gibberish in the first place, however. Translating it as dissection is valid, but I think what they were going for is that Dorothea has "decided" (Entscheidung) the outcome of her tournament bracket (Sektion, kind of sort of).

Users who are viewing this thread