Haikei "Kouri no Kishi to Hazere-Hime" Datta Watashitachi e

@basementdweller09

🤨..
Did you read the comment section first and then the manga? Right from the beginning of the chapter, the female lead was waiting patiently for their first night after marriage. Okay, he didn't come for such an important event. Didn't bother to apologize and explain either. Right after that, she made him sandwich, but received a cold "That was not necessary" reply. After hearing rumours of her own husband receiving a mistress, and overhearing her own husband talking negatively behind her back, who would even assume she was on the same playing level as him? Let's not act like she's as guilty as him. You're right that she could've talked it out with him, but in her mind, a noble rarely marries for love, so it was already logical for her to find a reason behind his actions. In fact, he said it himself. It doesn't matter if he was truthful or not. What's said and done cannot be rewind. Long explanation and rant, but I felt like this just needs to be pointed out. She's not as guilty as him. Oh, and their first time 'banging',
didn't he like force himself on her? Isn't that like rape?

About the "it ain't fair since we're reading this in her perspective" thing? Yeah, I guess it's fair to see his perspective of the story. Except, well, I don't see any possible good excuse for his childish and cruel behavior. He might have a reason, it ain't the same as justification.
Future spoiler
The basis of his reason, I kid you not, was him being possessive over the female lead and wanting to trap her in a cage like a bird, hence the 'misunderstanding' from her side. Now that I think about is, what misunderstanding did she truly even have in the beginning? He did, in one way or another, hated her to an extend and clearly wasn't afraid in showing that. It might not be the full truth to his actions, but it was still with ill intention. Shit talking about his wife to his friend would also directly affect her reputation and standing, which wasn't all that good to begin with. Way to go, male lead. Privileged enough to have receive proper education and etiquette, but not privileged enough to understand social norms in high society and the implications of one's own actions as an aristocrat. Got it.

I can agree and feel to a certain extend it might be counterproductive to criticize something that has already been criticized for many times already. But like you've said yourself, what should you expect from a manga like this? People are going to point out shit when they see one, that's the nature of things. What did you expect?

And I don't know you, but if a story is going to center around the main character's journey of finding peace in a place full of chaos and hatred, don't you think the readers would be rooting for the main character? A story full of misfortune and tragedy is only 'good' if the female lead doesn't end up with the root-of-the-problem, bane-of-her-existence male lead. I'm not sure it's a good lesson or ending if the female lead ends up living happily ever after with the devil himself.

Not spoiler but just a long rant.
I mean, listen. I personally have an unnecessarily stupid gripe over mangas like these because I know shoujo mangas can and have done much better. The author tries to romanticize a cold-hearted possessive personality, when in actuality it's just the male lead being a sexist character and is constantly crossing the line between "not knowing she's clearly uncomfortable" to "hey yo thats literally sexual assault". These are usually targetted to a young female audience, and I have seen many teenagers romanticizing these behaviors, because it isn't only in Japanese cartoon, it is also in TV shows and movies. Whether or not it's something you'll have a gripe for, it's up to you.

By the way, I love your Scooby doo profile picture.

her circumstances are so pitiful, I don't know how to express how I feel about it. Even tho I've read series with a similar set up, that hinting of a huge misunderstanding plus the more heavy events that happen just make it so ... pitiful. And if those circumstances are the premise of the story, you already know that future chapters are going to have these hard to swallow/pitiful/frustrating/etc moments (wish I knew better words to describe it without spoiling)

Plus
navigating around the rape and her devotion despite it/hinting that he did love her and it's all a misunderstanding ... Sigh. I am curious on what happens next but yikes

I’m going on a rant here, so bare with me.

This tragedy tagged manga gives me the same feeling I felt while reading ‘My Fiancé is in Love with My Little Sister’ except I absolutely, without a doubt, hated the FLs husband. Both of these FL were pitiful and their deaths are simply just not fair. I thought we would at least get something more before this FL died but... NOTHING. We’re most likely going to see them clear the misunderstandings but, I just think, killing her off like that was just beyond cruel. Like not only was their relationship horrible because of the misunderstandings, but she also left behind a daughter she was barely even able to hold in her arms.
One thing I do hope is that he feels absolutely guilty and doesn’t find happiness. Like he didn’t even give her a chance to explain herself then, right before he raped her. And while she was confined in her room after giving birth...?! Yes she stopped him before, BUT?!?! It just annoys so much, like I couldn’t describe how much.
I really hope it’s not a ‘The Wolf Lord's Lady’ situation. Because that would just annoy me even further.
I thought that maybe the author was going to go on a more ‘A Red Rose Devoted to You’ kind of route. But it really shocked me that they went all murderous on the FL, at the very beginning like that. I’m tempted to keep reading but... I just know I’m gonna be bawling my eyes out a lot while reading, since it has that tragedy tag, which I always seem to notice until after I’ve read the first few chapters, after I’ve started crying. These tragedy tagged ones always make me cry. I just don’t want to 😭😭.

PS: all the underlined words are different mangas. Just in case you were wondering. And they’re good but will maybe make you tear up. Just a warning.

with FL being reborn in the present timeline,i just really wonder where this will be going FL's lovelife-wise. ML is already a rapist, please dont tell me that hes going to be a goddamn pedo too???

So... from the spoiler i learned that
That Bitch Bastard POS Pathetic of a Human Being Oscar is the ML

So, can i get the link to the author's twitter?
I wanna rain hellfire upon him

Edit: Found him, now... how should i proceed?

I'm fine with tragedies, romance and whatever but there are just some people who do not deserve a 2nd chance whatsoever, and the ML in this is one of those people.

Dex-chan lover
honestly I'm just sad for the artist. Such good art yet wasted on a terrible story.

Wow... This manga is straight dog shit lol. Like there is pretty much nothing redeemable with this garbage. I didn't think they could make the husband anymore unlikeable in the first two chapters, but it just kept piling on and piling on. This story needs to be altered to be a revenge story after chapter 2 lol. How the hell can the FL not want to skin the dude alive. Also am I the only one who caught that bit of incestuous feelings from the brother Prince towards his sister, or did I completely misunderstand that scene.

Double-page supporter
i clicked on this thinking it was yuri based on the cover art... i shouldve read the tags :/

Users who are viewing this thread