Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1320 - Takamura’s Reasons

Thanks for update. People hate Ippo for not going to retiring(for now). But I can understand from his view of point. He is suspected of drunk punch(even tho, there is a chance he is not and probably). Having such injuries and never really have motivation to go beyond is not that easy. You can lie to yourself and force yourself but if your heart is not commit, you will never really acheive anything. Ippo reason for boxing has always has been to fight Miyata and not world champion. Its just a challenge along the road and we knew what happen to Ippo and Miyata.

So now he need to discover a reason for him to go on. Even though yes, there is logical reason, such as bringing fame to Japan, Do it for the coach Etc but if he real himself can't give a full comitment to do so, he will never able to defeat Ricardo, such half baked and ass motivation will never lead him to victory. To create a motivation is not as that simple. Have you guys who complain ever lost your motivation completely about something you really love and commit to it for life? probably not and that is why you can't understand.

Its not easy for Ippo too, He realize it and yet he cannot do anything about it, at least for now. He still doubting himself, if he not, he can cross the line Takamura did but he can't. He has lost motivation and his confidence. He might not really shows it but just look at how hes act.

Just take it easy, he will return. Its the name of this manga. And we are going to see in chapter 2000

Dex-chan lover
It has never occurred to ippo that kamogawa could kick the bucket at any time. Taka noticed and wants to hurry it up, ippo really is a junker.

"This man that boxes exclusively to make his almost 90 year old, visibly ill surrogate father happy, why is he in such a hurry?" Nevermind punchdrunk, Ippo is just borderline retarded at this point.

Kamogawa is looking really bad, didnt it take takamura years to beat two weight classes? He is clearly not going to make it in time and thats assuming his eye doesnt fuck him up first. Kamogawa probably has stage 4 cancer at this point

@shekel while i understand your point, there is still a mystery (not to us but to the story) behind takamura's actions, which is why doesn't Takamura fight outside Japan, if he is in such a big hurry? I have zero boxing knowledge but i would assume if he debuts in america, makes a huge win, he'd be a lot more famous and more people would be more interested in fighting him. Especially if he announces his 6 belt conquest? People will take an interest, positive or not, and as a result he'll gets more fights. Ideally, gets enough attention to get championship matchs. I personally think this is a faster method to complete his 6 belt conquest.

But why doesn't he? Well I think the reason Takamura wants to fight in Japan is to repay his coach by winning belts (obviously). Kamogawa is too old to travel by plane every time Takamura has a fight overseas. If he wins a belt and Kamogawa isn't there, it would defeat the purpose of repaying him.

I am not attacking you by any means, but remember that Ippo
1) outside of fighting, he is not very smart unlike takagi (dude only passed highschool and works as a fisherman boar driver, i mean c'com)
2) Takamura has NEVER once talked about the reason for his conquest.

IN MY OPINION, Ippo being "blind" is because of reason #1. I wouldn't go as far as being retarded. I would say Aoki, Kimura, Yagi, Shimoda, or Takagi don't understand his goals.

@masmutant "Just make the old man look good and we're cool." that's all you need to know about Takamura. It's been spelled out to Ippo multiple times like every other thing he continues to struggle with understanding until it's a bit too late. But I suppose that's how Morikawa always chose to progress his character.

Fed-Kun's army
But have you guys considered that maybe this isn't the story of a soft-hearted teenager discovering his love for boxing, but the story of a mentally challenged person trying to become smarter? The boxing is just a psychological puppet show to give meaning to his struggles. Coach Kamogawa is dying, Ippo! He wanted to make a champion out of you, and now Takamura is forced to pick up your slack! Dump your boring-ass girlfriend and go back to doing what you love! Embrace the universe like a blazing star, Ippo!

I got a feeling that rather than a straight up Rocky4 plotline, Sendo gets murdered and Ippo steps back into the ring, it seems more like Takamura is the one going to get "killed" off and Ippo steps back into the ring.

Or as moozooh suggests, its Kamogawa getting the axe.

Fed-Kun's army
Will Ippo come back and fight so Kamogawa gym is able to book the Tokyo Dome and fulfill one of the coach dreams ?

Dex-chan lover
@ harshacc
Just what the hell did Takamura draw the line with, that its still there even today?
I want to believe that he still hasn't completely given up on Ippo and goes there to redraw it in the morning as part of his daily routine.

Or maybe it's just there because his Japanese fighting spirit folded over a thousand times is stronger than nature itself.

Users who are viewing this thread