Hajime no Ippo - Ch. 1435 - His Sparring Partner is a Southpaw

Dex-chan lover
Mashiba dropping his arm out of frame on page 4 is actually a super cool effect. It's such a small thing but draws attention to since it's not overused.

Dex-chan lover
I like how Morikawa gave Mashiba some face. Ippo's weights are pretty heavy, but they can't be that heavy or Ippo would train with incorrect balance.

Mashiba could overwhelm Ippo with the weights on, and with them off he didn't drop to Ippo's first contact. He's still a world class fighter.
Yeah, I am more impressed at how well Mashiba reacted to Ippo's sudden speed increase (taking in consideration how he thought that taking off the leg weights would make little to no diff). They're both world level fighters and you can feel it.

... Just let Ippo fight agains please my balls can't take it anymore...

Dex-chan lover
Gooooooddddddddd, I just got chills for the first time in YEARS. Let's GOOOOOOOOO!

Good lord, look how widespread Ippo's feet are on Page 18. Dude reaching FAR for that hit and putting a huge amount of momentum behind that hit!

Dex-chan lover
Bringing him back. Piece by piece, weight by weight. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting how Goku, then Rock Lee both did this. It feel like it is a bit overused but honestly, I guess it hasn't?
Forget those weights for a second. That body blow into head shot from the same arm was a Mike Tyson special.

Contributor
What no DBZ memes with fighters removing the weighted training clothes?

Dex-chan lover
At this rate, I'm actually expecting both to come out evenly matched in the next chapter.

Remember, no matter how much Ippo has been training, he's still not an active boxer. And even if he did some training, Ippo isn't a southpaw so he might be at like 80% at best. Mashiba is the real deal too. It would be crazy if Mashiba ended up on the floor.

And that's fine....remember Ippo's here to teach Mashiba something specifically from his perspective as a trainer, not put his lights out.

Group Leader
Next chapter will be 15 pages of only reactions of everyone being like "wow he's still got it", " imagine if he came out of retirement", "holy shit what kind of monster are you raising Kamogawa", and other various Ippo fuck sucking.

Fed-Kun's army
At this rate, I'm actually expecting both to come out evenly matched in the next chapter.

Remember, no matter how much Ippo has been training, he's still not an active boxer. And even if he did some training, Ippo isn't a southpaw so he might be at like 80% at best. Mashiba is the real deal too. It would be crazy if Mashiba ended up on the floor.

And that's fine....remember Ippo's here to teach Mashiba something specifically from his perspective as a trainer, not put his lights out.
Also worth noting that they are not in the same weight class. Its easy to forget since ippo hits like a truck.

Dex-chan lover

If he does beat the living shyte out of Mashiba and turns him into a bloody pulp, now that's what a true trolling is.

Lol you guys, haven't you seen too many prematurely stopped sparings to get the hint?
Mashiba's coach will jump in and stop this right now, he remembers the Volg sparing rumor.
Also, Mashiba blocked only because Ippo was moderating it, ie. he was taking it easy on him.

Users who are viewing this thread