Hajirau Kimi ga Mitainda - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Dawn Break

Dex-chan lover
Taiga is not explicitly and intentionally malevolent, but he's for sure a certified asshole. Casting is inherently a bit cruel. Depending on the production, you will reject hundreds, thousands of applicants, and only make one person happy. Just like it doesn't have to be a big deal — just see how many super famous actors got rejected from which movie, it's sometimes even hilarious.

What's unforgivable is to have made that rejection so public and use it to get fundings and plugs for a more qualified actress. And given how much it could have meant for Emi and what she fought for, it stung.

I guessed that she was bitter about her former run-in with fame and wanted to take it or safeguard others, but I didn't expect she mainly wanted to reclaim her shattered sense of self-worth.

This director mf better stay away from Honjou.

Dex-chan lover
I think he didnt wrong her at rejecting her. But he took vital moments in her carrer and throwed them to the trash.

Her frustration is valid.
I mean, he could've been upfront about there being no guarantees that he won't switch her out if it doesn't work, and let her decide whether to participate with that risk in mind. The way she tells the story he completely stabbed her in the back with no warning.

Dex-chan lover
Its way worse if you think about it, she completely dumped her modeling career to participate in this proyect and by his words, she probably wasnt even paid.

So she lost a job offer, time, money, her effort and her chance at her acting career on his whims.

Destroying her self confidence in the progress. Thats why she became bitterly obsessed with him.

Fed-Kun's army
I am really glad that the thing with Honjou didn't turn into a whole drawn out situation, and she not only considered that the magnitude of her response may have been uncalled for, but also in complete isolation took steps to try and better understand her filming partner, albeit with a little redirection from the token asshole. I can see already that I'm going to love their dynamic even more in the future chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread