Hakoniwa no Soleil - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Double-page supporter
Uhhh wait? So what did itsuki tell to the reporter?? I felt somehow lost

Been reading for this so long but the ending was confusing lol but thanks for translating!

Dex-chan lover
@namira99

That wasn't made completely clear, but the core was that he was telling the television journalists that the next-of-kin regarded the matter as settled such that Tenji should be allowed to go on with life accepted by the world as he now were.

@SundayHaze

The essence is that Itsuki knew what Tenji wanted, and acted to see that he got it, in spite of Sena's belief that what Tenji was seeking was unjust to Tenji. In fact, even the trip to the newspaper was exactly to obstruct Sena, who would otherwise surely have gone to them on her own, demanding and getting a correction.

Now, in the real world, one would expect such an arrangement to have a corrosive effect on Sena. However, far more than most people consciously recognize, the theme of a man making a terrific sacrifice for the sake of a girl or for a woman is especially popular in fiction aimed at a female audience.

Dex-chan lover
aaahhhhhh itsukiiiii marry meeee youre so cutee omg i mean youre so cute from page 1

though as well suited, tenji is really on the same page with asahi

uuuuuuuuhh what a great read

thanks for translating!!! i bought the raws so long ago but i only know a little japanese. i'm glad i finally know how it ended 💖💖💖

Pretty sudden ending but I'm glad it got resolved and everyone is happy. Seems like Itsuki is as well!

I'm happy that Asahi and Tenji get a happy ending, but for some reason much of this final chapter and some of the previous ones have rubbed me the wrong way. It feels like Asahi has ultimately been forced into a subordinate role within the story even though her character had fought it nearly the entire way until she has her realization at the end. It makes me feel as though Asahi is a better character than the story asked for.

Contributor
@trimurti3 I totally agree. Asahi deserved more agency than what the story gave her. She was not a passive character, yet was forced into the passive role as a vehicle for the male characters' development. Her mom let 11yo Tenshi make his own decision, but they won't let her make her own? Does she really feel satisfied being protected like this til the end, even though she resolved to protect Tenshi from now on? ....from a feminist standpoint, this ending is really disappointing.

also isn't what the reporter junior did a literal crime? You're not allowed to publish minors' identities even if they're the criminal. Tenshi's still a minor.

Users who are viewing this thread