Hana ni Arashi - Vol. 8 Ch. 89 - Dreaming of Tokyo

@Gellydog there's also the thing with the senpai that after taking advantage of Chidori just went back into the closet and made her believe relationships between two women weren't real love that might make her a bit more hessitant about how people would react

Dex-chan lover
Freaking third wheel ! They better still get some alone time together or I'll scream 😡

Dex-chan lover
Aight guys, calm down. Listen to me. I think I know how this is gonna play out.

Listen. First and most crucial info that we got this chapter is Abe-chan is a lesbian too, and has a senpai gf that she got recently. Why is this relevant? Because in Tokyo, I'm 10/10 sure that Chidori and Nanoha are going to sneak around trying to get on their date behind Abe's back but ultimately busted by Abe. Abe will find this strange and say why are they hiding their relationship. She's gonna give her view on being a lesbian and BOOM, Chidori and Nanoha will realize that it's okay to let people know that they are dating.

This is all according to plan in order to progress.

Author better take this route or I'm fucking done.

@Gellydog I think the reason why they are afraid of most if they were to go public with their relationship, is their friend group dynamics changing from what it is right now. There's two things to consider: they're dating within a tight friend group and that they're both attracted to women. We know earlier that their friends don't really have strong negative reactions towards women dating/loving other women, but it might make things uncomfortable for a while within the friend group itself, or at least at the start. like the "its fine if not directly involved but its a bit weird when its someone we're close with" sort of sense. Also dating within a close group of friends is kinda awkward because it might harm the friend group if the pair splits, so it feels like a fine line to tread.

Also you made a good point about Abe being someone for the pair to talk to about their relationship because abe is in a similar position. Hopefully they can befriend her and talk to her about things after the trip as well.

Dex-chan lover
oH does this mean we are going to finally see them be a more unfettered and less restrained couple?
Last two pages
Captureyuuk.png

@Cable_TV

Abe was first mentioned back in chapter 11. Right after Nanoha and Chidori started going out, their friends ran in and told them that they saw Abe asking out Yoshida. Personally, I think this is when Chidori and Nanoha decided they had to keep their relationship a secret no matter what, since their poor little hearts couldn't bear the embarrassment of having their friends find out.

Abe and Yoshida have shown up very briefly since then in a few of the little in-between chapter sketches the author throws in, and they're seen once in one of the volume extras (Chapter 24.5), but other than that it's basically been 80 chapters since they appeared in the manga, and even then it was a brief mention on a single panel.

As kind of irritating as this situation is, I'm really happy to see Abe and learn more about her. I actually thought this whole situation was really funny, like the author is deliberately messing with the audience.

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus

It's also entirely possible that Abe and senpai broke up when the senpai graduated, which will shed light on the fact that not all relationships last forever.

Either way, we'll get some nice character growth for out two lovebirds.

Dex-chan lover
God damn it, sensei!!! I should've known something would get in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread