Hanakaku - The Last Girl Standing

Dex-chan lover
Ugly twintails, why are you so stupid...
Also I dislike when author tries to push on his readers how should reader feel about certain characters. Like screaming in megaphon "you should hate this character! She is unlikable".

Dex-chan lover
Not sure how anyone can actually hate (or care) about that evil girl considering how much of a caricature she is.

The take on mixed martial arts is still amusing though.

Don't play with my heart like this.
I wanted to see Nina pissing herself after that triangle chock and loose like the lil sh*t she is.

Dex-chan lover
Forgive my impure thoughts, I said "this is kinda hot" for a moment... I need to cleanse myself.
I'm glad that at least her farce is over.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, worth it to see her frustrate Nina like that.

I really like that Hamster's two normal friends came to her fight and don't know anything about MMA and are scared for her but are still there rooting for her.

Supporter
@PurpleLibraryGuy: I don't expect it since she's TOO stupidly evil, but it would be funny if this goes in the direction of Nanoha... and Evil Girl starts doing the Masochism Tango. She'd look good in a studded dog collar, with Hamster holding the leash. XD
(here's a link to explain)
(Reposting deleted comment, but only because ixlone says it must have been an accidental casualty of the forum merge since no one is deleting comments. If someone deleted it intentionally, it's not my intention to flout you - please delete again and I won't repost. I'd be grateful if you could let me know what the reason is so I don't do it again.)

Dex-chan lover
After those desperate attacks from hana, i doubt she is going to win, is there any sort of move that merits disqualification in MMA?
Like stomping on the face? that seems the only way for her to win.

Dex-chan lover
Took a pretty realistic approach to this. Feels...a little weird as while accurate and proving a very good point, up until now the series was a bit more concerned with the standard manga logic of rule of cool and being "technically" right with how it describes things, thus you get hamster having shockingly good reflexes and being able to embarrass Nina in the first round and less realistic interpretations of what someone with her body type/weight/amount of training would actually be able to accomplish.

THAT BEING SAID

I don't really care that much lol, it works fine I suppose. Start of Volume 4 should just be like her relearning how to walk for months.

Dex-chan lover
So only realistic outcome would be disqualification or a loss. At least hamster will have won the spiritual fight with the facade of the idol ruined. Pray for our cute lil rodent.

This is why I like this one, unlike some others that MC got amazing feats. after power-ups, nakama powers, but still a newbie. Our precious rodent compared to other sports protagonists, is she got a talent, but her lack of experience are shown and because of her lack of experiences, her stamina is too low for longer and extreme fights.

Dex-chan lover
Really playing up that 'impossible battle' bit.

Did they really have to cheese it this hard?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that's pretty realistic the more I think about it and less manga-y than I first thought.

Basically she has pretty good hand/eye reflexes and can learn decently and was trained and focused entirely on these tricks that her trainers taught her that were the only thing giving her a chance against a superior fighter who has an incredibly weak ground game. So they focus on getting her to the ground and countering her with a surprise to get her there. Nina is a cocky, arrogant asshole so she doesn't take Hana seriously; if from the start she wasn't playing with her the fight would've been over in like 20 seconds. So Nina plays around and doesn't keep her guard up and as a result gets pulled into the trick that the experienced fighters and trainers were counting on as Hana's only hope. But even when she gets pulled in and Hana takes advantage and follows her training to the letter, she can't keep a determined Nina down when she gets serious because she is an experienced fighter with years of conditioning and training. Her strength and stamina are just way above Hana's. So, once Nina gets serious she pulls out of Hana's ground trap and begins to fuck her up hardcore.

Looking at it more after thinking about it, this is actually way less melodramatic or "unrealistic" than I may have thought at first glance. Like, how many MMA fights or boxing matches you seen where some dude acts cocky and gets immediately rocked and loses the fight? Taking even an amateur lightly can bite you in the ass real quick. Nina dropped her guard and got clipped for it. Hana unfortunately wasn't strong enough to clinch the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread