Hanazono-sanchi no Futago-chan - Ch. 12 - Hot Spring Crisis

The Author seems bias for some reason, he isn't even giving the idol sister a chance, heck we haven't seen her in the last 3 to 4 chapters, which says a lot of how bias the author is. This story is heading almost the same way nisekoi did, and I'm not against it. Thx for the translation

sister idol was just the inciting incident that got the story moving. she's basically a non-factor at this point since idols aren't allowed to have relationships and the author has relegated her to only being mentioned in conversation.

Contributor
What sort of ridiculous contrived events could the author write in order to shift the momentum back to Yuri again so that the title and premise don't become an artifact?

Fed-Kun's army
Omg, a character than think logically in this manga. She is the PLOT advance.

@justforthelulz ohhhhhhh, such a good post:
What sort of ridiculous contrived events could the author write in order to shift the momentum back to Yuri again so that the title and premise don't become an artifact?

{Sad Face}

Oh, the irony. This chapter is a setup for disaster.

The Best Path: Ranko needs to confess her feelings for Tatara. Peel off the infected scab of dishonesty. Approach him with an honest heart and let the pieces fall where they may.
The Worst Path: use a wing-woman to "help." Absolute worst path. The wing-woman won't be in this for the "couple", that is, Tatara & Ranko. The efforts will definitely be one-sided. ("I'm here to help my friend.")

But throwing Ranko at Tatara by the helpful Maricchi will only make him feel pushed into a relationship that's fed and watered through subtle deceit. And this will lead to disaster for Ranko. I feel for both her and Yuriko already. Speaking of: Ranko needs to fess up to Yuriko if this is going to go anywhere... But she won't.

It's ironic because Maricchi wanted the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from Ranko about her feelings for Tatara. Lies always dirty the water; and when the mud settles and clarity returns, Tatara will push Ranko away, and be even more determined to wait for Yuriko's tour of duty as an Idol to end.

Yes: this is a typical story arc. And, I suppose the writer cannot be faulted for using it, and we cannot be faulted for not wanting it. It's the kind of spice often used in this type of stew.

And trust me: as far as this story is concerned, there is nothing I want more than for Tatara to wake up from his idiotic pursuits of an unobtainable idol and take Ranko at her most honest and build a great relationship with her. However, this story is marked "Comedy", and therefore: "Hijinks Ensue!" And hijinks must be supplied in ample quantity. {grins} So! Let them ensue! Hope the writer doesn't lose his way in the woods.

Final note: I wonder where Yuriko's head is at. She likes her man, but pursues a career that specifically does not include him, or even allow for dating. So many unanswered questions, like: How long are her tours of duty? Is this something Yuriko & Tatara have discussed ("Yes, honey, I'll wait for five years. Gotta go thru school anyway, no point getting married now. Let's stay faithful and patient" ?) Ahhh, me.

I'm predicting something like "I felt lonely/jealous after you went on vacation with Ranko so spend some time with me too"

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, so assuming THIS is the story's goal, for Ranko to get Tatara to let go of an impossible relationship with WhatsHerNameAgain and realize her own long buried feelings... why is this manga called "Hanazono TWINS" again?

And thanks for the TL. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread