Handyman Saitou in Another World - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
You guys think every univ graduate is guaranteed to get a job in their own field? Dream on. The chance is a bit higher but it isn't a guarantee.

Double-page supporter
I'm perfectly capable of cooking a few restaurant-quality dishes. I could easily work as a short-order cook in a diner, especially one serving breakfast.

But I'm certainly not qualified to be a chef in a restaurant.

Fed-Kun's army
Is this "chef license" even carries the same weight in Japanese compared to everywhere else? Maybe in Japanese this "chef license" is different in context of specifications/specializations? Maybe it's the absolute minimum for aiming a chef profession in Japan, rendering it not really helpful for getting a job in culinary establishments for Saitou?

@Tikibo In my country you can get a Nurse License for about 2 years of studying. The license guarantees that you got knowledge and training but doesnt make you have a job instantly unless there is a huge demand.

Fed-Kun's army
@Darkion let's face it, nurses are shat on in many countries. Unless they are really needed, it's cheaper to employ foreigners for lower wages.

@Kiriha depends on what they graduated from... duh. We are talking about professional licence for a job in demand here not about gender studies bachelor degree from third-rate university.

What's more: http://www.gic.or.jp/en/foreigner/2012/11/faq10.html#Q4 implies that cooking license is actually a serious thing.

@Tikibo You need minimum a lower medical degree for working at any pharmacy/drugstore or a clinic as a medical assistant.

Even if a chef license is a serious thing you are still not guaranteed to get any job even if you got one. Also that link is for making a food business, not working at one.

Fed-Kun's army
@Darkion Why did you assume that underpaid foreigners can't have medical degree? What's more, you are mixing something about nurses, medical assistants and pharmacists they are totally different professions when it comes to regulations.
About link: yes, exactly. If you need person with cooking license to open restaurant it's obvious it's something in demand. Especially compared with being underpaid handyman.

ivv

Dex-chan lover
Good guy saito.
Worrying for the mother nature.

Girl Knights and long slimy wiggly things have long history in every fantasy world it seems...

It is just a hunch, but perhaps MC didn't go into culinary field in either world despite being a licensed chef because... he simply does not enjoy cooking enough to be doing nothing but it? And environmental concerns are just an excuse...

so everyone is just gonna ignore the shop girl and focus on that "chef license". Chill people

Users who are viewing this thread