Hanebado! - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - The Initiative Goes To Me.

That is more I like! Much better than that dramatic Hanebado anime with the same title.

Dex-chan lover
@ChaosHead90 I have bad news for you then: According to some people, the manga shift its tone to the same as the anime early on the 4th volume. I don't know if this is true or not, but it would certainly explain the drastic tone change the anime has.

Dex-chan lover
It's fine if the manga changes tone, as long as it doesn't make such atrocious horrendous job as the anime has, like for example making Connie such a bitch just to justify Hanesaki's "vengeance" .
I like this manga, let's see where it takes us.

Also, that's still spoilers so please be mindful

@Serenata Actually I don't think the anime is doing too bad a job. If you haven't read any of the manga, it's a pretty intense mystery for a sports drama at the moment. I myself was somewhat turned off by the anime until I reconsidered it without the manga. It might be that in the original manga the author took awhile to figure out what he wanted to do with the story, or it might be that he knew where he was going and just took his time, and the anime doesn't have that time to spare so packed the drama in tighter. It feels to me that in the anime what's going on more is that they've rewritten it so Connie is getting the drama at Kaoruko's expense.

Speaking of Kaoruko, I stand by my previous vow: I don't know how many volumes of Hanebado! I'm going to do, but if Coach Kentarou Tachibana would just do her once and then dump her ass, I'd cheerfully commit to doing the entire series regardless of my usual caveats.

Oh dear, such a thought is just so unlike me...

Dex-chan lover
@Castellan The anime is doing it's own thing, but at what cost? for example, the anime starts with the captain being super idiot with everyone for 2 entire episodess as if she were the protagonist, she's told "I hated your attitude but I love how you play" and that was her deal, but Hanesaki got told the same words from a character that had almost no presence so is weird to see her first serious action being against the protagonist in a plot that we already saw with another character... And then, we have Connie taking a misunderstanding beyond the realms of confusions and not bothering to explain shit, she wins the match thanks to her teammate and takes a moment of reflection during the night to apologies and bond with the whole team, that was without a doubt a nice move, but then what happens next morning? Forced Reset "Team doesn't matter" "only mama matters" "I ntr'd your mom lol fuck you" uggghh what the heck happened there? my only guess is that the director is willing to twist and contradict any character if that helps him make the protagonist feel worse. That's not a change in perspective, is just bad writing.

I'm not saying I agree with their choices - I just wonder if they're not cutting things down due to series length is all. And if that's the case, I would suggest they're going about it the wrong way.

Power Uploader
@Kamui I'm at chapter 24 right now, and the manga does get more serious after a while (and Uchika's actions are still… questionable), but it doesn't get ridiculously grim-faced like the anime does. It's drama that makes sense, and the author doesn't feel the need to turn everyone into an asshole. Yet.

Well, last stop here for me. This is waaaaay too badly written to bother, particularly since comments make it seem like it'll only go worse.

Users who are viewing this thread