Happy Sugar Life - Vol. 10 Ch. 48 - Happy Sugar Life

This ending was too good for Sato, she broke the poor girl and I've disliked her ever since she killed her best friend.

n_b

Same as the anime then, here I was hoping Sato and Shio would get a happy end

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation!
Wel, at least it was a little better

Bur dunno, a little bad taste is in my mouth

Dex-chan lover
People acting like Sato didn't actually save Shio and don't give her not only a house to live but also the warmth and true love she lack. Did people forget that Shio's mom abandon her inthe street and clearly don't like her. Sato never do nothing wrong to Shio neither she harm her in anyway. Yes she have done despicable things but most of them was to protect Shio. DId she deserve a good ending ? Everyone is judge but i think that after all that shit theygone through, they kinda deserve to had a good ending but in a way the end fit the manga perfectly.

Why did the teacher get caught and not the lady manager? She had evidence on her phone for both and I assume that's how they found out about the teacher.

FTU

53 chapters of shit amounts to over 4 years? Interesting.

3/10

Bittersweet as all hell and can leave you feeling hollow like with the anime ending but it's at least not "haha they elope and have happilyeverafter pedophilic relationship" or "everyone dies lol togetherindeath". She's screwed up but in a way that Sato can't really get at her anymore, even if she's left her mark - ditching the Together in Death romanticism to do what was actually best for her was like half a redemption I suppose.

I'd like to see more of older(teen?) Shio and how the cast get on a decade later, there's certainly enough to write about with all that's happened. Wonder what the manga will do next.

Dex-chan lover
I am not surprised if there is an extra chapter showing that Shio has a little girl in her house that looks like Sato.....

Dex-chan lover
The completed function on mangadex is actually bad.
Also some manga tend to release more extra chapters after ending, and that makes the complete function worse.
I only mark old as time manga as Completed.

Dex-chan lover
What a fucking ending.
God, this tilts me even at the end.

.. it's the same as the anime's after all. Yeah.. y'know what.. fuck this. Just.. fuck this. All that just to cave into the masses desires to see sato "punished" who completely missed the point of how everyone in this manga has grey morality at best and how it delved into the fact that nobody is fully good or evil, how easily one can become messed up from their circumstances, etc. All this just to be left feeling dead inside in the end. I can see why it took so long for the scanlaters to finish these last few chapters as i'd totally understand one feeling tempted to possibly quit right then and there

Aggregator gang
No matter what you haters say, this was a great ride
difinetly better than the anime, although same sad ending
I hope the extra chapters shed some light on what happens when shio's all grown up

@Lilliwyt

Go read chapter 43 again and read it every dialogue very slowly. Take your time and understand that Sho and the mom are literally the only one who really care about Shio. Sato didn't care about Shio she only care about creating her own false "paradise". And guess what? She killed her own friend and a very kind hearted one at that. No matter how you put spin on it Sato is psycho and cannot have a healthy relationship with Shio. I rest my case.

Users who are viewing this thread