Haru's Curse - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - September (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Young love is a helluva drug.

No, seriously. People do all kinds of mental gymnastics, give away their everything and knowingly ruin their own lives just to indulge in that pitter-pattery burn a little bit more, basically the same way those well-educated, formerly successful homeless heroin addicts do everything they can to fuel their own addiction even as they vocally acknowledge they're making themselves miserable in front of a camera.

It's unreasonable to expect things like perspective, gratitude and logic from a person who is under one of the most potent and long-lasting natural drugs produced by your own body. Just like a drug, your first few times are going to be a trip where you're fully not in control. It doesn't matter if she's almost 20, especially if she's as sheltered a person as Haru is, and from a household as backwards and conservative as hers on top of that. There are some very innocent 18-year-olds out there, just as there are some 14-year-olds with vastly more romantic or sexual experience than people twice their age, so bringing up numbers is pretty much a moot point.

And lastly, if you're an older person, it can be nice to see your juniors indulging themselves in whatever life may have to offer. Love-induced selfishness is likely to just seem charming on a person if it's someone you've already come to like, after all.

Wait...What!? At first, even though I found it a bit ambiguous, I thought she was saying that she would choose her sister over Tougo and I was like, yeah good choice of you. And then she said that she would rather take her sister to HELL than her fiance to be unhappy? Wtf? I guess her cancer wasn't the only thing making her sick.

I really really didn't expected that especially considering the relation she had with her sister and what they lived together and the one she had with her fiance who wasn't great to begin with.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't think Haru ever understood the MC was romantically in love with her. She noticed her inability to pick up on signs as a flaw and a lack of maturity and this comes into affect here. This is a well done character flaw and not a poor personality trait. She couldn't understand why the MC interacted that way towards Tougo (Tougo literally stole the love of her life) and misinterpreted it. As a dying cancer patient there was no opportunity for her to step back and observe or reflect. You can't blame her for attempting to grab onto the last thing of value she had in her life (She even kept it to herself despite suffering so much because she didn't want ruin how they thought of her)

Haru COULDN'T look at this in a better light. She was a scared dying young girl who thought that even more was being taken from her. The only thing I feel for her is empathy

that's pretty harsh of Haru wanting to drag her sister to hell for a man that she realized didn't even love her back.

i think Natsumi matures quickly because she's faced the harsh reality of life since she was young. How many jobs did she even work? damn

and that's where Haru was wrong too. She was afraid that Tougo would fall for Natsumi if she died. but it was actually obvious he was already in the process of falling for Natsumi from even waaaay before. Damn, he was even already curious about her since their first meeting.

Dex-chan lover
This is so awful for the sisters, Haru was literally dying and watching the only two people who cared enough to visit her fall for each other, from her perspective. Her sisters love she takes for granted because it's always been there so ofc she "chooses" tougo. In an actual choice she might think differently I feel.

On Natsumis end, the only person who loved her apparently didn't love her either, that's the most devastating thing I can imagine.

Tougo is just causing issues

even if she's dying it's so off-putting. i can understand wanting to be selfish in your last moments, but dragging those down with you is notttt cool. haru already knew ml didn't love her, and she still chose that man over her sister who loved and cherished her for years rheodbfkrkr

Users who are viewing this thread