Hatarakanai Futari - Vol. 13 Ch. 796 - Disliked Food

Double-page supporter
say what you want, but she's one hell of a tough cookie of a mom to keep both her wits and common sense in that family

Soak it in water to reduce the bitterness then cook it with sweet ingredients, like tomatoes or pumpkin or butternut.

Group Leader
Holy shit, sea pineapple is the most horrifying thing I've seen in the past several months.
This is one of those things that makes you wonder, "Who the hell was the first person that decided to try eating this?"

Dex-chan lover
@caitsith I figure a lot of it comes down to either desperation from starving people or wild curiosity of the sort that spawned phrases like "curiosity killed the cat." But even being the second person to try something is quite a leap in some cases, so that first person has to really sell it.

Seven releases at once. Gotta be a new record there. It's usually 3 or 4 chapters.

Then again, they're pretty short.

Dex-chan lover
This reasoning is genuinely why I have never been harsh on my kid over not liking certain foods. So long as she gives it a go, we are cool. And so long as I never have to eat roast parsnip or cream of mushroom soup again, we are definitely cool.

Aggregator gang
@justanothermanganerd I don't care about bitter food, but as much as I try my cousins bitter melon (or even my moms), I just can't with it. It can cure cancer, and even then I'd still hesitate to eat it too.

Double-page supporter
Stir fried bitter melon with fermented black beans is good. Cooked, it's a lot less bitter and more savory.

Users who are viewing this thread